At work with Gav

Gav836

Great pics Gav so the weather held out ok then  ;)  nice to see your ridging is straighter than your rolling  :D :D :D

he cant really go wrong, its kinda set there in front of him to follow!! :D :D :D

great pics again Gavvy, keep updating please! ;D ;D

Been back there for another day today, that field is now finished so we are all moving to Kings Lynn tomorrow morning. Luckily we managed to keep plodding on despite the heavy rain, there were only 8 short beds left when it hit so we weren't going to give up :D

Just before and after pics from today, bit rough and cloddy before the rotor-ridger but perfect for the de-stoners afterwards

P2130123.jpg

P2130122.jpg

Well there's no depth control other than the tractor's draft control so it's a case of continuous twitching.....when the soil is over the PTO shaft, it's too deep ;D:D :D

No idea on total acreage but they are a fairly big concern ;)

Good pics Gav.. glad to see you got a nasty old MXM as well  ;D:P ... and don't you DARE tell me you like it.

I'm wearing a neck brace for the next time I have to use my loaner - or I'll stay in 12th I guess  :-\ :D :D

Cheers Marky. I'm afraid that it is a nice tractor to drive Marky being the top spec one with all round suspension and electric spools, even with no front weights and that rotor-ridger on the back it was a very smooth ride from Norwich to Hilgay....I'm afraid I do like it, there's much worse tractors out there :D

In case anyone is wondering who the firm is I'm on hire to, its Strawsons Limited ;)

There's a few stones in there but not many on that field, mostly to get the clods out due to the fussy supermarkets, not sure if the field is going into potatoes or parsnips at the minute

I am indeed Tris, I've only had 16hrs on it so far, thats not long enough for me to damage something....give me a chance :D :D

Today as we had rain yesterday we have just moved kit, my tiller is at Kings Lynn now, the tractor is sitting on a 14t Stewart trailer back at the yard which is full of seed spuds, I have already taken one identical trailer full to where the planters are working at Bircham and taken the fuel tank to Kings Lynn. The thunderstorm then hit at 2pm so we came to a halt ::)

And this is what pulls it, CAT MT765, sorry about the pics but it was on the opposite side of the field to the track I was on so it was a full zoom job

P2150128.jpg

P2150129.jpg

Pulling a Cousins V-Form there busting up ex beet fields ready for bed forming

Just a couple of pictures from today, I've spent today taking seed out to the planters which is nearly a 2hr round trip with the MXM175 and Stewart trailers in the picture, we have 3 Stewart and one AS on the seed job at present. I also had to fill up the bowser and take back out, best not put pictures up of that, handcuffs don't suit me :o:D :D

Image105.jpg

Image106.jpg