At work with Gav

Gav836

What happens with headlands gav i've seen them always left well in pics when destoning and planting so wondering do you go back and do them at a later date or are they just left all year for ease so not beds to climb over with trailers at harvest?

Some of them are planted once the field centres are done others have no headlands planted, still have to get the inside line on this one from the guys there

round here they plant the middel and the de stone the edges for planting

nice tractor there

No, in some case we have no headlands de-stoned and planted at all, they are just left, seems to be on the irrigated crops though where this happens, not the unirrigated ones

wouldn't that be for ease of irrigating? ???:-\, its the same with the few fields near me a few years back, headlands are clear for running back and forth with the hose reels etc., i guess they cant or its not feasible to irrigate behind if the 'dolly' is in the main field??....think i know what i mean! :D :D :D :D

Great pictures Gav. I like the red ones you are working with.

Texas

Well someone has to like them....... :o:D :D ;)

Thanks Texas, seriously though both the Case's are tractors that have been driven by one bloke and to say that he abuses and neglects them is an understatement, lack of greasing and siezed up top link and stabilizer arms are just the start of things, no doubt the Challenger will go the same way :-\

Well someone has to like them....... :o:D :D ;)

Thanks Texas, seriously though both the Case's are tractors that have been driven by one bloke and to say that he abuses and neglects them is an understatement, lack of greasing and siezed up top link and stabilizer arms are just the start of things, no doubt the Challenger will go the same way :-\

Well there is no need for that >:(

Often amazes me with some of our neighbours with newer tractors who let them get dog rough - especially when you comapre them to our 3600 that is 29 years old and everything functions as it should (well apart from the dip headlights  :D)

Well there is no need for that >:(

Often amazes me with some of our neighbours with newer tractors who let them get dog rough - especially when you comapre them to our 3600 that is 29 years old and everything functions as it should (well apart from the dip headlights  :D)

My also amazes sometimes what farmers ( drivers) do with the tractors. Tractors are a big investment, so you would say that they take good care for it.

Texas

Think this should have gone in "Joke of the Day", the ***** cat with a 3m superflow cultivator on it :D :D

Image129.jpg

Image130.jpg

Had to change the tiller tines as well, tested the handbrake on the Case in the process ::):D

Image132.jpg

Image131.jpg

Great pictures but when i see how you change the tiller tines i close my eyes. Please Gav when you change the next time the tines do it like this it is more safe. I don?t want to see you get hurt.

1  Tractor on a flat floor

2  handbrake

3  take the key from the tractor

4  block the wheels

5  use something under the tiller, that the tiller cann?t go down.

Texas

Now that ***** cat looks cunning ;D ;D What's it like to drive on the road Gavin in comparsion with a conventional wheeled tractor ???

Couldn't comment on that one as I don't drive it, even if I wanted to i couldn't drive it legally on the road as I don't have a cat H licence :-\

Great pictures but when i see how you change the tiller tines i close my eyes. Please Gav when you change the next time the tines do it like this it is more safe. I don?t want to see you get hurt.

1  Tractor on a flat floor

2  handbrake

3  take the key from the tractor

4  block the wheels

5  use something under the tiller, that the tiller cann?t go down.

Texas

It would be inmpossible to hit the pins out with enough force from beneath, thats why we put it up on the ramp like that or hang it over a wall back at base. Short of the tiller pins breaking there is no way that it can drop on us from on there, another reason for doing it that way. It gets even more dangerous with goggles on as they normally steam up and fingers get mashed

Just for your reference gav you can drive the Cat on the road;) just need L plates front and back all cat H license does is let you take L plates off :D :D  We checked this for our summer cults bloke see if he was covered ;)

But im sure that cultivator made challenger purr ::) ::):D

Think it struggled at times :D :D :D :D

Nice and shiney all right, usually takes abot 20 mins to clean out to make it usable after bed tilling though >:(

The Case MXM is now limited to field work as the brakes have failed on it, they work but not very well. Had them checked in the service today as it hadn't been stopping very well and in a low gear at mid revs and the brake pedals hard down it was still moving with a grinding sound coming from the back end, the sooner that tractor goes the better