At work with Gav

Gav836

wouldn't that be for ease of irrigating? ???:-\, its the same with the few fields near me a few years back, headlands are clear for running back and forth with the hose reels etc., i guess they cant or its not feasible to irrigate behind if the 'dolly' is in the main field??....think i know what i mean! :D :D :D :D

Gav did you ever find this out about headlands??? :-\

oh and dont you mean Ford Drivers! :D :D :D :D

The cab layout, arm rest controls for forward/reverse, cruise control, transmission speed settings, spool valves, 3 point linkage and throttle. Switches behind for the PTO and hitching control

Image165.jpg

The transmission speed settings for each range. 3 ranges in the transmission and two settings, C for totally variable and M for manual whereby you can select the speed as you would with a powershift gearbox, the tillers work better in M setting. Speeds are in KPH, currently in M1 with a top speed of 2.96 kph programmed in

Image167.jpg

No-where near as complicated as they look, once that you have spent an hour or two operating one it becomes second nature. I have two niggles with them, 1. The pto doesn't stop quick enough when you disengage it.....and 2. The cab is too small on them

How did the ford manage to get stuck on the headland looks dry? I didnt think you got stuck very offen planting spuds as the implements dont take much pull as such just lots of power to drive them :-\

great pics gav thanks for putting them up  ;):)

Those CVX's are a nice job alright  ;)

My neighbour drove one at silage for a few days last year and says he was very impressed - this coming from a man that loves 110-90's :D :D

The contractor bought 3 Cases in one deal CVX 195, CVX 140 and Maxxum 140 ;)

Just a couple of before and after pics for you today, along with one of the dash layout. This is a very cloddy field so meant some slow going, speed is in the bottom left of the dash, pto speed in the middle at the bottom and time on the right.

Before

Image168.jpg

After

Image169.jpg

Dash

Image171.jpg

A few from today, new v old the older CVX is in the background, both are on bedformers. I'll be on the newer of the pair all next week with the Jones Engineering twin rotor, triple bed machine bed tilling infront of the carrot drill ;D

post-334-132638734446_thumb.jpg

post-334-13263873447_thumb.jpg

Brillant pics gav, you seam to have so much varity or crops

The farm near (aj thompson and sons) to me grows osr, weat, beans, some barley,quite a few spuds  and a little bit of maize. If you go a few miles them a farm (john paine farms) they grow peas for romney marsh viners (cant waittttttt)  ;D

No carrots, sugarbeet etc you seam to grow it all  :D

No idea on that one Martin, have to have a word and find out for you tomorrow if I get the chance ;) The Jones machines seem to be the weapon of choice for growers

did i here "carrots"  :o :o :o

oh my :-*

You certainly did Olly, lots of carrots :D :D

where abouts around march are you working mate  :)

Just off the Horsemoor Road between March and Wimblington, up a long concrete track ;)

Nice cvx there gav, they are a nice drive arnt they, id take a cvx over a Jd IVT any day, so much easyer, didnt realise the new CVX had the mxu dash

Nice pics tho

The MXU dash is in the older CVX Nick, there is no dash panel in the newer ones, its all on the A post ;)