At work with Gav

Gav836

there's one thing you need to go with them air brakes and the 50k gearbox....Twin beacons !

If it has twin beacons so be it but they serve no helpful purpose to me in the field unlike everything else on the tractor

Sounds like a small version of the Puma 225 CVX I move around hey Gav ???

It is Paul, the 165 is the baby of the old Puma CVX range

The New Holland was more expensive that the Case but not actually seen the quotes for anything other than these two so unsure of the actual figures. The chrome does look a bit tacky but everything else makes up for it, will certainly keep the village awake with the noise the Puma makes ;D

lets hope you got the right tool for the job gav , but to be perfectly honest i think your opinion on the future tractor was how much room for buster there was , not fussed over oil capacity or hydraulic lift blah blah ,  bottom line will buster be happy ?

pics please .............................................buster not the tractor  :)

• 1 month later...

Been a while since I updated this topic but all the spring barley and sugar beet are now in and we are half way through planting the potatoes, nothing much new there this year so no pictures to add really. The carrots have now been lifted and all gone, no pictures of the harvesting unfortunately as I was working the other side of the village the whole time they were there. owever they spread some lime on the ex carrot field yesterday and I managed to get some pictures of this taking place, machine was a Terragator and I'm sure him spreading it in the wind yesterday done the image of agriculture the power of good ::) ::)

010-18.jpg

006-28.jpg

002-38.jpg

005-31.jpg

As part of the carrot contract they also have to get the field to a usable state as well so a local contractor is there at the moment with his Challenger 865B and Simba Solo 600, after 4 passes I may just about manage to plough in the 20 tons an acre of straw that they put on it in the autumn.....

017-5.jpg

018-4.jpg

021-6.jpg

022-6.jpg

023-4.jpg

024-3.jpg

One more picture of the Challenger and a video of it working. I first met the driver of this 12 years ago when he had an old Challenger 75 and 10 furrow Naud plough and came to plough a field for my first employer when I left school, was good to catch up with him again.

026-4.jpg

*edit - video is not playing ball at the moment, will post it in a bit*

We're waiting on a confirmed build date at present but it should be sometime in May or June, hopefully the 6920s will keep going that long without major incident, its already had two bottles of rad-weld shot in the cooling system in the past month after the radiator sprung a leak ::)

We're not allowed to burn it Ol, would have burnt a treat last week as well as it was bone dry up there. I did suggest a night time trip with a box of matches but my boss didn't approve despite saying that would be the best idea ;D

All very PC is'nt it,laws made by miss imformed green law makers.The energy used to work that straw down by yourself and the joker with the big simba would have to be alot more than throwing a match in it on a warm afternoon. Were condtions permit farmers here will rake up the haulm such as pea straw,spud topps,etc and burn the haulm then sub soil the head lands and run a spring tine (nz aggressive etc) lightly over the paddock once and drill there crops often early wheat with little cost even on heavyer soils.

Onto our last 35 acres of potato planting now but we are having big problems with getting seed delivered, we have 19 tons now coming on Thursday but we've been waiting since last Tuesday for it and have now run out of seed again ::)  This field is one of the worst on the farm for soil type which has meant we have had to hire a bed tiller as our own one is in use on the planting tractor for pesticide application, at £250 a day its not a cheap machine to hire. Its a new Grimme rotavator with a shapeformer on the back of it

013-11.jpg

014-14.jpg

015-7.jpg

Before

001-34.jpg

After

003-32.jpg