At work with Gav

Gav836

As Jez says but we do also have an ECE bale carrier which is like an old cooks one that has been on steroids, will pick up that whole stack :);)

did wonder mate, i bet it does look like its been on steroids to mate, must be a hell of a thing to pick up that lot

Cheers for the comments guys :)

As for the 7840 Barry you can't compare either of our two to any other one as instead of a 100hp they have both been turbo'd and push out 145hp -155hp so they pull like a train, that one handles the trailer no problems ;D

The 8770 is a good pulling tractor but has had its engine rebuilt twice in 6000hrs so isn't the model of reliability unlike a 8870 I drove somewhere else in the past. Still a nice tractor to drive though :)

Today I have been clearing up stacks with the TS135-A and ECE carrier so got some pics for you lot :)

Empty:

P7300103.jpg

P7300104.jpg

P7300105.jpg

Tipped up with all gates opened ready to load:

P7300106.jpg

Reversed into stack:

P7300107.jpg

Loaded and ready to go:

P7300109.jpg

P7300110.jpg

P7300111.jpg

The control box:

Top L-R:- Buck tip, Left gate, Right gate, Main tine lift, Bottom grippers (top gate controlled on spool)

Bottom L-R:- On/Off, Work light, Fuses

P7300108.jpg

Is that trailer easy to manage Gavin - I guess once you back into into it right first time you are okay ???

the smaller cooks one we used to have was easy as mate, as long as you were pretty much straight to it they lifted every time, even slightly of was usally ok, the sides are a fair way out

Nice pics again gav, i like the looks of the bale trailer, so when you going to make one?

i have a cooks one, nothing as grand as that i have to say

Today I have been clearing up straw behind our other baler which is destined for Easton College. Heres our other baler which is 1 year old and fitted with an additive kit for silage

P7310010.jpg

P7310003.jpg

P7310001.jpg

P7310009.jpg

P7310008.jpg

P7310006.jpg

P7310005.jpg

P7310002.jpg

P7310007.jpg

Excellent pictures Gav, whats the tank for on the back of the baler?

It holds the additive for treating grass silage, same as the barrel would on a forage harvester. The liquid gets sprayed onto the swath as it passes into the pick-up area ;)

not much straw there is ther gav, did you get a good yeild out of it?? or wa sthat down this year to down to the weather?

Absolutely crap straw yield on those fields today, that 6ha field gave us 12 bales ::):-\ It is some poor land about there though, that field was a stones throw from The Norfolk and Norwich Hospital, the others joined onto Norwich City's training ground at Colney and were no better. Elsewhere though the yields are ok

Absolutely crap straw yield on those fields today, that 6ha field gave us 12 bales ::):-\ It is some poor land about there though, that field was a stones throw from The Norfolk and Norwich Hospital, the others joined onto Norwich City's training ground at Colney and were no better. Elsewhere though the yields are ok

you should have drove all over the training pitch :D;D:D