At work with Gav

Gav836

The damage on our combine, none of which was inflicted while I was driver.....done well not to bend the unloading auger when he hit the side trying to get into a field off a narrow track

P1010056_02.jpg

P1010055_01.jpg

P1010057_02.jpg

if yer anything like me gav you cant wait to start harvest & soon as you start you cant wait till it's all done & dusted  :D

The last 3 days have been a nightmare mate so glad its at an end, the baler has been more trouble than it has all season, losing 7 hours to a major pick up problem along with lots of net problems caused by dodgy electronics, it needs to go as it'll cost a fortune to get ready for next year :-\

nice pics gav, how close are you to finshing haverst?

Cheers. We're all finished as I said in an earlier post..... :);)

Nice one Gav... glad harvest is finished... Spuds are late around here badly.. Romano is a month behind... I've had to twist someones arm to lift me a few T's for next week  :o

Come down and have a steak sandwich when you get a chance mate... bring the baler with you.. I've got a 20ltr can of petrol at work  ;D

I can wait a couple more weeks for the spuds yet, still got 100 acres to plough, 70 acres of OSR and 70 acres of Barley to drill before we change the back wheels on my tractor for harvesting.

I'm off work next Tuesday but will be going to the NORMAC cultivations demo to drool over new machines ;D ;D :D :D

Poor old girl getting stuffed in like that. Doesn't look pretty at all. I like the thatched belt cover though Gav, seems to be all the rage this year!!

So no more baling for a while then Gav, do you reckon between now and next harvets you can 'forget where you put it'?  ;):D

I've been drilling rape yesterday and today with my 6920s and the Vaderstadall of it is now in and has also been sprayed. Not gone into ideal conditions in places but times getting on so it had to go, 27ha drilled in about 12 hours in total on two fields so I don't think it went too badly. Seed rate was 6kg/ha so what you see in the hopper in the picture drilled the whole of a 10ha field :)

DSCN0048.jpg

Taken on the final headland run

DSCN0052.jpg

DSCN0053.jpg

DSCN0054.jpg

DSCN0055.jpg

Bit cloddy but it'll have to do, was too wet at the start of the week, now the top is like concrete but its wet beneath

DSCN0049.jpg

Thanks Mart, its a good drill just a pain in the backside when drilling headlands :-\

Here's a couple of videos I made today as well, I had the side window open at the time so you can hear the sound of the Deere growling as well ;D

Looking forwards

th_DSCN0051.jpg

Looking backwards, even dust blowing :o

th_DSCN0050.jpg