At work with Gav

Gav836

There is engine braking with it Phill you just need to be a bit more gentle with it than you would your Fendt, I've not had any problems with it on even the steepest hill round here (not one you would want to meet a car on, steep is an understatement ::))

Well mine's got a little with an empty trailer on but with when just one tank load on board (8-9 ton or so) its useless just runs away so as can imagine when trying to load up second tank it gets interesting the Claas 697 is peeing all over me :D but we are on hills at the moment the combine can't get up just down but this is just general statement I'm finding with autopower not to pleased with it much as whines so much when pulling hard  >:(

Well I've normaly got it set on full auto so cuts it right back when running empty then when loaded its better on auto then power as got 18ton behind and seems to tighten it a bit so to speak but I'm starting to wonder where everythings being given a wake up call cause it's been on sprayer for it's first 400 hours  ???

No wonder its gutless, stick it on a subsoiler for a week or something along those lines, it needs hard work

Got 7 furrow KV coming soon which were taking down to 6 for week or two too try and brake it in a bit but the trailers waking it up big time not enough as nolow down grunting all day

Got 7 furrow KV coming soon which were taking down to 6 for week or two too try and brake it in a bit but the trailers waking it up big time not enough as nolow down grunting all day

whats hauling the 7 furr the lads i work with run it with a 7920

Well I've normaly got it set on full auto so cuts it right back when running empty then when loaded its better on auto then power as got 18ton behind and seems to tighten it a bit so to speak but I'm starting to wonder where everythings being given a wake up call cause it's been on sprayer for it's first 400 hours  ???

Something wrong there,

What is your droop and n/min set at in the engine setup??

We finished the osr today so made a start on our spring barley while the going was good. I baled the headlands then went carting as our student couldn't keep up :D

001-2.jpg

002-2.jpg

003-2.jpg

004-3.jpg

006-3.jpg

Our new purchase hard at work corn carting

005-3.jpg

Your weather looks a darn sight better than what we're getting Gav.

What % moisture have you been cutting the winter & spring barley at ? Very catchy harvest here so far with winter barley around 19% m.c.

So is the student just a little slow and cautious or is he having other problems ?

6910 looks a tidy old bus :)

Winter barley has been all under 16% and the spring barley today was 13.9%, no idea on the osr as not been involved with it :)

Its been catchy here too, one days cutting then two days wet or a little rain overnight then cutting by 4pm again

Air con packed up on the 6910 today so the student is a bit warm, he just needs a stick of dynamite beneath him to get him motivated ::)

Air con packed up on the 6910 today so the student is a bit warm, he just needs a stick of dynamite beneath him to get him motivated ::)

there are people on here who would jump at the chance Gav!!, he should count himself lucky! :D>:(:D :D :D

i take it that ur not that keen on students  ::) what back ground does he come from ? grassland or arable ? as it maybe hes not used to your equipment and is takin his time  ;):) as its better to be a bit slower and get the job done rather than being heavy footed and planting that marsdon and 69 in a ditch somwhere  ;):)

but keep takin these pics i love looking at arable type of land and work  :P:)

There have always been two types of students, those that need a bomb under them to get them to do anything and those that are complete loonies behind the wheel  ??? ??? ???

I have to admit that when I was a student I came into the latter category and I once got sacked for crashing a DB 1200 and trailer full of spuds through a corrugated barn wall...........never had any problems keeping up though  ::) ::)::)

Good to see ye are getting there Gav - looks like another week for us but once the weekend is over the forecast is good so will be hard not to get going - hope it doesn't start till 7/8 days time and then I am on my holidays :D :D

i take it that your not that keen on students  ::) what back ground does he come from ? grassland or arable ? as it maybe hes not used to your equipment and is takin his time  ;):) as its better to be a bit slower and get the job done rather than being heavy footed and planting that marsdon and 69 in a ditch somwhere  ;):)

but keep takin these pictures i love looking at arable type of land and work  :P:)

I have nothing against students at all but after you've explained to them for the fourth time how to do something and they still don't take any notice or listen then it tends to get annoying. We've no problem with him taking his time. Damage toll so far is barn roller door runners, Vaderstad drill stand, 1 irrigation pipe, 1 bent lift arm stabiliser and a near miss with the flint church wall and terra disc, he just needs to pay a bit more attention and wake up a bit

He's not an Ag student, just a uni student, have you ever tried to get an Ag student on a 850 acre farm, they don't wanna know ::)

i would love to go and work on that farm  :) i love arable work ,well i suppose u you got a point  :D::) if he was an ag student there would be less chane of most of these things happening due to they know wat there doing  :D

im thinking about going to oxford way for my 3 month work placement this yr :-\ as it might be the only time i get to do arable work ,as down here its all silage and whole crop/maize  :D or do you think there a better area for it ???  :)

• 2 weeks later...