At work with Gav

Gav836

Heres a few pictures from when I was ploughing this week with Lemken's demonstration plough that they loaned us, mine should be delivered this week. Done 25 acres of spring barley stubble for rape less than 12 hours after it was combined and 30 acres out of a 40 acre field that was rape this year.

009-4.jpg

011-4.jpg

When you can plough like this Marky I'll consider letting you have a go :D :D

019-2.jpg

018-1.jpg

014-3.jpg

Lemken fit these to the pipes now, we think they are brilliant, make plugging them in and unplugging them much easier :)

013-3.jpg

Thanks for the comments guys :)

A few pictures I've just found on my phone now.......

One of the 6810 getting a load

012-4.jpg

Two of the 6910 on carting duties :)

002-3.jpg

005-4.jpg

.......and one of a peaceful sleeping Buster in the combine :D

014-5.jpg

After a long wait my new plough was finally delivered this morning ;D after making some adjustments to it and welding some smaller hooks on the furrow press arms I was ready to go after lunch. Its a Lemken VariOpal 8 on the BS40 slats, tips the scales at about 2100kg

035.jpg

036.jpg

037.jpg

038.jpg

tidy number there gav, should give you a few years use i recon, any reason for going with the slatted boards then over normal ones

Lots of badgering and persuasion on my part :D :D Seriously though they use less fuel, have a lower a draft requirement and give a more broken finish meaning easier following cultivations. They cost £500 extra in the first place but we should save that over the course of time as there is less metal going in the scrap bin with slats compared to solid bodies when they wear up as well as the previous reasons

Oh yeah look at you with your brand spanking new plough :P Bet you think your the cats whiskers now don't you? Yeah, I bet you do. . . . .

I'll just stick with the old Kuhn.

Jealous? What, me? ;)

It wasn't you who wished me bodily harm in that text earlier today either I suppose >:(:D :D ;)

It wasn't you who wished me bodily harm in that text earlier today either I suppose >:(:D :D ;)

Gav you shock me! How could a man of your stature and calibre insinuate such a thing? I find that quite a let down of your honest decency. . . .

. . . . . OK, I may have mentioned something along those lines. . . .

How's the thumb?! ;D