At work with Gav

Gav836

I use a few methods, forklift under the centre frame, take the plough off and use my tractor, use a spare tractor if we have one or if its short distance pull it with a chain ;) My front linkage wouldn't cope with that and the set of weights

tidy plough gav & tipping the scales at 2T approx it doesn't sound over heavy what would be the weight with solid boards ?

looks like you're getting a good tilth as well & thats before the press ! is all your ground like that , or will the press come into it's own on other ground you have .

like the plough gav , i don't think buster really cares but as long as you're there i spose he's happy with it too  :D

It would actually weigh less on solid bodies as there's less metalwork in the frogs for them.

The field is only turning over like that as its so dry, was more livery last year when I ploughed it, we have much worse fields than this one though

• 2 weeks later...

I've been busy ploughing most of the time lately but I have had two days this week overhauling the potato harvester so its ready to make a start Monday week, it means my tractor is tied up though today with it so after the engineer had gone tonight I hooked the 6910 up to my plough to give it a bit of a work out ;D ;D

001-3.jpg

002-4.jpg

004-4.jpg

005-5.jpg

The dash showing engine rpm and ground speed,was pulling it as well as my 6920s

006-4.jpg

Just curious Gav  :-\ :-\ Why do you cultivate before you plough. It seems to me that it would be a waste of fuel/time as it is all going to get turned over anyway, and it would also leave an unstable surface and the ploughing tractor would be scrabbling for grip in the loose soil?  :-\ :-\ :-\

some nice pictures gav. will there  be many pictures from the tatties then. any chance of measuring the 6910 bonnet lenght gav.

Will do my best to get some pics and will get the measure ment when I get a minute for you ;)

Just curious Gav  :-\ :-\ Why do you cultivate before you plough. It seems to me that it would be a waste of fuel/time as it is all going to get turned over anyway, and it would also leave an unstable surface and the ploughing tractor would be scrabbling for grip in the loose soil?  :-\ :-\ :-\

It was cultivated to get any barley laying on the surface to germinate as the field is coming into wheat, normally we don't bother

looks like your busy now then. is the ground very hard where you are cause we have had to stop ploughing and hopefully wait for some rain. we are getting through iron like nothing

Its dry and hard here as well but we can't afford to stop ploughing due to there being 100 acres of potatoes to harvest starting Monday week. My tractor will then be on smaller wheels so unable to plough. The 6910 is on a ploughing ban unless its as a last resort now due to worn lift arm parts. I'm going through plough metal at an alarming rate as well, we gave up sub soiling as I couldn't get it in the ground :o :o