A busy week in my workshop.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am still undecided on the front wheels and trying different options.

The narrow ones will be favourites I think.

I can't decide whether or not to paint the centres red ? :-\

aaaarrrggghhh not alll that again  :-\  leave them silver/ grey ,looks the part  :) :)

seriously good work steve ,put the narrower wheels on mate , some from the later britains period though as they have a small amount of tread on .

just like seans 185 ,it looks mighty fine  :) :)

still looking good steve, well the silverwheel ones are  :)

now then mr ferguson, made a call to a friend last night ,  the farm's had a C reg round wing 135 that was supplied to the farm from new with silver wheels ?

disscussion please ?

Right, I remember the Red Giants stuff when it came out and I agree they had red wheels - but I never saw one in my local dealer with red wheels, and we didn't have one....I don't recall those front weights(?) on the 175 either.

Maybe it was a) a French thing B) MultiPower c) PAVT wheels ???

Just to keep things going  ;D ;D ;D

I'll throw in my bit of knowledge here - I reckon silver wheels if no weights in the front centres otherwise if it has weights it has to be red ;) - these were changed around so much by farmers that 4 combinations are possible :D

Right, I remember the Red Giants stuff when it came out and I agree they had red wheels - but I never saw one in my local dealer with red wheels, and we didn't have one....I don't recall those front weights(?) on the 175 either.

Maybe it was a) a French thing B) MultiPower c) PAVT wheels ???

Just to keep things going   ;D ;D ;D

>:( Grrrr

:D :D :D

I think the front weights were very quickly dropped for the 175 John... in favour of the front weight frame  :-\ - then I am sure they would have been silver  ;D

I'm with Marcus silver wheels on the 35  ;D  Looks Awesome  :P :P :P

not got a problem with the wheels on the 35 scott  :)

right then , my uncle brian, worked for southwestern farmers , a big massey agent back in the day , & aparently the original batch of red giants had red wheels , but doesn't remember the serial numbers they were changed at , other than that silver wheels were adopted within the first 6 months of manufacture. another reason for the wheel colour may have been the full intergration of massey harris & the ferguson brands , as the 35 was also massey harris's last tractor , badged as the MH 50 i'm led to believe also with different tinwork

but don't quote me on that :D :D