Mystery Green Tractor

gogreengelb

i know weve had this argument before , but we are told not to pull from the top link position for safety reasons, if this is the case why is the continental hitch still so popular ?

I guess thatssnot far off the centre of the wheel Marcus... maybe just a tad over... Isn;t it dangerous if it's higher than the centreline of the wheel  ???

i know weve had this argument before , but we are told not to pull from the top link position for safety reasons, if this is the case why is the continental hitch still so popular ?

they pull in line with the centre of the axle the top link is just above the axle ;) if you look at the older Fendt brochures you will see what i mean i will try and scan a pic later.

they pull in line with the centre of the axle the top link is just above the axle ;) if you look at the older Fendt brochures you will see what i mean i will try and scan a pic later.

I will try and get a picture of one aswell to see if designs have changed in the years, as were in the process of fitting a continental hitch to our Fendt 818 so that it can pull a Knight sprayer we have just bought and lets just say im not to sure on its safty and neither is the bloke thats gonna drive it :D :D

Maybe to stop 'em catching the PTO shaft  :)

So would he drive like that then John.. seems a bit strange to me... they must drag on the floor... wouild he no be better off having them right up to clear the PTO... pardon my ignorance... remember I'm just a pen pusher  :-[

don't think they would go high enough to be out of the way of the drawbar for when it turned he may have just hitch it up thats why the link arms maybe down he would need to be about half way between the floor and the pto but what do i know i'm just a eletrican

Arms are down there well outta the way, not do them any harm,

I bent the pto shaft on our baler when we got it, but i got away with it it was the dealers shaft as the new one didn't arrive with baler, so got new one next day and said nothing  :D :D :D :D

I will try and get a picture of one aswell to see if designs have changed in the years, as were in the process of fitting a continental hitch to our Fendt 818 so that it can pull a Knight sprayer we have just bought and lets just say im not to sure on its safty and neither is the bloke thats gonna drive it :D :D

probably the most sensible option to tow a sprayer drawbar well away from the crop ;) all those Germans/Europeans wouldnt do it if it werent safe ???

has to be down to it being euro i recon, the propshaft is under the tow hitch to if you look, unlike any of our stuff which is above the tow hitch, lord only knows why though,isnt the new 1/16th krone spreader euro style thinking about it?? pto under the tow hitch, wont go well with my 35x's will it

has to be down to it being euro i recon, the propshaft is under the tow hitch to if you look, unlike any of our stuff which is above the tow hitch, lord only knows why though,isnt the new 1/16th krone spreader euro style thinking about it?? pto under the tow hitch, wont go well with my 35x's will it

ANYTHING is modifiable  :D :D