Combining cereals with olly.......

NewHolland2

Stunning photo's Ol and thanks to Mart for posting them in all their glory.

Happy with work now then Ol, all going on as it should be now mate? The machines all look nice, could be on the Great Plains too with that lot mate. Love the Ford D series too  ;)

Thanks guys. :)

Grain harvest is all but done now.Yeilds were not to bad this year with the star being a paddock of spring feed barley after set-aside doing 10T/ha with no irrgation.

Winter feed wheat after carrots did not fear as well with a poor 9.5T/ha

The MF 750 with 3000 mill hours is going to be traded in one a Gleaner of the same size next year if all goes well.

The guy that owns the MF 750 also has a Gleaner F2 with a 4mtr front he wants to sell the 750 and buy another Gleaner just to up grade abit.

I drove his wee Gleaner for 1/2 hour last night in clover seed,it was nice enough to drive but has no capicity it was eating 3.5 mtr rows of windrowed clover at only 2kph at that speed the drum was still giving the odd bang every now and again.

Clover is a hard crop to combine but what it lacked in speed it more than mda up for it in the way of putting nothing over the back and the sample was very very clean.

The owner is mad on Gleaner/MF combines he drove them both for 5 harvests in a row in aussie before coming back home to NZ to farm.

Myself I like the MF750 beter but the Gleaner's do make a good job in small seeds like clover.

Interesting John.

Gleaner combines like MF combines have had a poor run in NZ manily because there was not real dealer of such to import new models and most of all repair them.

One if not the biggest AGCO dealer in NZ sells class combines from new.A local outfit making cultivators brings 2nd hand Gleaner combines into NZ from Aussie.

Next year maybe all going well I will be able to post a picture of 2 Gleaner combines working in the same paddock. :) :) 8) 8)

• 2 weeks later...