My first scratchbuild - buckrake - Final Pics!!

been playing around trying to make up a buckrake. My first ever attempt at a scratch build, so thought id share some pics.

This is just the first prototype. Have a raft of improvements to make. Final version is already underway  :) This one still needs mesh on the pusher, hydraulic ram and hoses, and the tractor mount made up.

Its pretty rough as its only a first mock up. gone for a scissor type action, from ones ive seen and got the idea from some pics from alan. It needs improvement, but its functional.

Wanted to make one as detailed as i can, cos i think a customised well detailed stack tractor with a well detail rake would look the shizzle  ;D

post-797-132638577193_thumb.jpg

post-797-132638577197_thumb.jpg

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

also going to add a fork either side of the pusher. I made it as a 10ft scale, but it seems to be dwarfed by the magnum  :D Bloody overscale RC2...

Excuse the gluey finger prints plastered all overit and the roughness of it. Next version should be substantially better

post-797-1326385772_thumb.jpg

post-797-132638577204_thumb.jpg

hey boy thats a great job, from the way u described it earlier i thought it was going to be a disaster  ;) but seriously though thats mighty. il have to get weight block sent onto you fast (must resize the pics just wrecked tired now but tomorrow il def do it) i might have to order one from you  :)

Looking great mate .... make sure you don't sell any to children, you could have someones eye out  ;) ;) :D Tidy work mate keep it up

so true  :D good way to keep the little cousins off my damn models!! thanks for the feedback guys, i should have pics up of the final one next week. got a few days off work so i plan to get a couple done.

not sure on the make yet. its based on about 3 different ones i have pics of  :D Does anyone have any websites of manufacturers so i can get more ideas?

Just shoot down to ag attachments in dinsadale

they have albutt buck rakes could help you out

Looking good even in the early form. Are you going to put a tine 'scraper' on it like the Twose ones?

You say you've got to work out the tractor mount points, easy peasy. This is how I mounted this spike I made, 'borrowed' Britain's design. I can post you a better pic of the mount detail if you wish.

BaleSpike.jpg

you mean its effectivley just two rods through the arms :-\....simple really ;D ;D

That's it, long rod to stop 'arms' splaying and add strength and two little ones in front. Made these from those wooden sausage sticks, better known as c-cktail sticks but you can't type c-ck on here because it gets changed to willy.  ::)

That's it, long rod to stop 'arms' splaying and add strength and two little ones in front. Made these from those wooden sausage sticks, better known as c-cktail sticks but you can't type c-ck on here because it gets changed to willy.  ::)

oh the fun we had with the word willytail sticks, TM810 thought they were real :D :D