Farmer Nick's fuel bowser

Well i was having a rummage for some things in the garage yesterday and found some of my old country life collection ... i was actually looking for the woodchipper thing but instead found a pesticide tank which i believe used to have folding booms but aren't sure.

So took it apart and got the spray paints out and made this up today  :-\ Went a bit over the top with the silver but it was really to wet my appertite for some real conversions i am planning for this year. I don't actually know if this is a fuel bowser  :D Planning to put a few warning decals on it for the sake of it and a few hoses coming from the back.

post-770-132638577574_thumb.jpg

post-770-132638577578_thumb.jpg

' Silver spray paint ' from the Creative Chritsmas company ... i thought it looked quite good when spraying it but i made too many layers trying to get it perfect and it spoilt it a bit. Thanks for the kind comments ...

And rich yeah it is ... i've never seen one in real life but i think it suits the McCormick just right.

' Silver spray paint ' from the Creative Chritsmas company ... i thought it looked quite good when spraying it but i made too many layers trying to get it perfect and it spoilt it a bit. Thanks for the kind comments ...

And rich yeah it is ... i've never seen one in real life but i think it suits the McCormick just right.

Looks spot on, just like a new galvanised tank.  ;)

What company makes galvanised bowsers that size?

Joskin?

IPSAM used to make slurry tankers with a galvanised tank. Isn't there something about not putting fuel in galvanised-lined tanks?

I know Roundup herbicide shouldn't be put in galvanise-lined sprayer tanks.... perhaps that's  what affected me?  ;)::):)

Looks the biz to me Nick... well done indeed mate... A few decals and she'll be well away mate  ;)

So what's next then  ???

Cheers lads for all the great feedback it was just something i knocked up because i was bored. I didn't really think about giving a gavanised look it just kind of happened. So i'll slap a few decals on it and give it a few hoses and it'll hopefully look alright.

Whats next for me eh Marky? Well i was thinking of trying a convo like Grahams on a New Ray combine maybe some bigger stuff like that. All little bits and bobs maybe a few baler conversions im going to see what happens. This is what i've got planned:

New Ray combine paint change,

John Deere 590 wheel change,

John Deere 348 into Claas Markant,

Britains wright rain into a Briggs irragator and maybe trying my first scratch build of a pipe trailer ...