Some of my wee red Nashs

BC

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Four years on and restoration completed late afternoon on the Saturday before the Fraserburgh 2000 rally which is held on the 1st Sunday in June.

PICT000228.jpg

PICT000227.jpg

PICT000136.jpg

The same year at the Oldmeldrum rally where both came home class shield winners 8)

PICT000110.jpg

PICT000111.jpg

• 6 months later...

Yes Kenny my late father was always keen on helping with the restoration on all 5 of my tractors. His cousin Gordon was a mechanic and he was over many many Sunday's helping with the restoration of the Farmall Cub...he was like a pig in the proverbial ;D  ;D Aye that was a nice Farmall you were unloading at Lanark last year 8)

• 11 months later...

Before getting my tractor ready for Fraserburgh a couple of weeks ago I thought my 7 year old 6 volt battery was on the way out since when I pulled the starter lever it was dead but it was dirty terminals and posts so there was still enough power to get ignition spark to start with the handle. The tractor has been restored for 14 years now and the first battery lasted 7 years so iI thought this one is on its way out and time to get a new one. I called a couple of motor factors in Aberdeen and the first one had never heard of a 501 six volt battery and to bring the old one in. Sod that I thought you don't know your business and I'm not wasting my time doing that. The second one I called was Taylors which is owned by Dingbro motor factors and after getting a call back I was quoted £ 150 + VAT which would have been £ 180 so when he asked if I wanted one ordered I said no I'll shop around ;D  ;D  Anyway I was telling my friend Stuart so he said get the details and he would phone and get a price from Dingbro. He called when I was down the other day and was quoted £ 182.61 retail but £ 138 for trade. He said to the chap he would need to sharpen his pencil and he then quoted £ 110.82 plus VAT which took it to just under £ 133...£ 47 cheaper than my first quote so deal done. Looking back I was £ 61.78 for my last one 7 years ago so double the price but won't run without one and well the price of lead has increased,

P1100819_zps43b2c3b9.jpg

P1100818_zps740c26ca.jpg

• 11 months later...

I attended the 24th Fraserburgh vintage rally yesterday with my 1951 Farmall Cub. I was surprised to find out I had won the Stanley Partridge Cup in the pre 1955 tractor class given the tractor was restored 15 year ago. On the other hand I was delighted she could still hold her own against much newer restorations in the class;D;D

I forgot to put on the exhaust when I unloaded yesterday but that did not seem to make any difference for the judges.

IMG_7740_zpszoqzn9wo.jpg

IMG_7741_zpsrkmnenhs.jpg

Archived