Cambridge Rings

Lexion580

Question

24 answers to this question

Its a difficult one, I had hoped to use the rolls from the Siku folding version but i think they've been discontinued? ???

you can still get them, i'm sure of it :-\, thats the first i've heard of them being dis-continued???.....if thats the case i better get some more!! :D :D

Siku, if you try, may be able to send you the rollers, i got some before but since then they have changed there way of releasing spare parts :( :( :(

you can still get them, i'm sure of it :-\, thats the first i've heard of them being dis-continued???.....if thats the case i better get some more!! :D :D

Siku, if you try, may be able to send you the rollers, i got some before but since then they have changed there way of releasing spare parts :( :( :(

Whats that about then Ben?

i know barneys do white metal indvidual rings for those , mind you given the other topic on here about him recently, its up to you if you try him, but if he sells them suerly some one else will to, prob a german site,ggg may well be able to help, or another german member i would think

they are in the Zubeh?r / Teile section then the sub section titled "neue teile  im shop "  bottom of that page near as of his online shop have a look there mate

http://www.siku-modelle.de/shop/

just noticed he does black siku rollers to like the set 4c has posted as spares if thats easier

i know barneys do white metal indvidual rings for those , mind you given the other topic on here about him recently, its up to you if you try him, but if he sells them suerly some one else will to, prob a german site,ggg may well be able to help, or another german member i would think

they are in the Zubeh?r / Teile section then the sub section titled "neue teile  im shop "  bottom of that page near as of his online shop have a look there mate

http://www.siku-modelle.de/shop/

just noticed he does black siku rollers to like the set 4c has posted as spares if thats easier

you gotta be careful ordering from him, i think there have been problems :-\ :-\

Ever thought of useing plastic pipe  the stuff that is ridged    Put some dowell in the middle and their you have it

Cheep and cheerfull

Or get some plastic washers with 2 different outer sizes and the same inner hole and put them on a spindls :-\

I've got some of those rings from Agrium Models, for a double press i'm building. Think they are more a press type ring rather than a cambridge ring? ???

I wonder if you could use 'penny washers' between those rings as spacers....?

Has anyone got any ideas what I could use for cambridge rings?  ???  I'd like to scratch build a set of rolls like these. (Sorry the Pics a bit small)

http://www.fraser.co.uk/rolls.htm

I made flat ring & cambridge ring roller rings a few years back and have accumulated a good few castings off the mould. These are 4 spoke WREKIN style as we had a conventional gang on the farms (main 8' + 2x4' wings). I keep meaning to get them launched as a similar model set, but never had time to get the frames done. I might just sell some, but if I do then I suppose I'll be inundated with orders and well I won't have any left myself.... but try me if your pocket is deep enough  ;)::)