• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Started on the next one tonight. Plenty more to do, what do you think??

Was going to do one myself tommorow and nice to see the final result.....well done! Are they the rears off the 4020 aswell then? As I was wondering if they'd be any good. :-\

Thanks chaps :) Don't know if my efforts are good enough to sell FB ;D

FW - The rear wheels are 4020 centres with old type britains tyres. The 4020 tyres looked like Stomils urghhh :D

:D Ok, cheers. :)

Stripped off old paintwork this afternoon, re shaped rear of wings and cab roof and attached hitch properly. hopefully I'll sort out how to mount the new front axle in the next day or two :-\  (notice blu tack in place at the moment ;D)

post-764-132638592418_thumb.jpg

From the ground up, eh? A nice start to what should be a fantastic model going by previous standards of yours MD.  :)

Thats right,thanks (Tris is it) Always like to try and do a proper job ;)

Maybe I should change to MDDeere :-\

I think if and when I try another I better do a different breed, it's just that I've always liked SG2 cabbed Deere's.

Thanks Tris & Si. Can anyone tell me what is the right colours for 40 series SG2 cabs. Brother in law used to have a 2040S with all black cab and others I've seen have been all black, but some have green bottom half I think. What would be correct?

Hi there. If I remember right the cab should be all black for the frame on an SG2 model cab. You can choose either green or yellow for the roof colour. The yellow roof was found on the "XE" models which were an economy build version, which  if I am able to remember had the floor mounted gear levers and the higher spec green roof versions have the side mounted gear levers. Hope this helps you out    :)

Cheers ts & si. I remember X-E spec, got an advert in an old Power Farming mag for them somewhere. Economy spec with floor mounted sticks and no frills etc. I've just looked at dutch website  www.tractorfan.nl photo gallery and there are some 40 series with green around the bottom windows. I think I'll stick to all black for mine - easier to paint and I reckon it looks better.

Oh and I sorted out front axle mounting bracket today :)

i own a 3040 X reg with an sg2, the cab is black but from the side window bottoms down is green ( bottom half of door and r/h lower window) i belive all 40 series were like this, the 50 series have all balck cabs. some people painted the cabs on 40 series all black to make them look newer to match the 50 series ;) look in the farm implement section and you will see my tractor with the spearhead flailer for reference to what im discribing, hope this helps

Thanks for that sparrow legs, nice outfit you have there ;)

Simon,if you go to the link on my last post then click on "foto's" then select the 3rd John Deere listing and then pick 3140 etc you'll see what I mean :)