Real life sliver mccormick

JD9620

Iv'e heard that a certain amount of these silver McCormicks have had to go back to the dealerships as there has been a problem with the paint peeling. Anyone else heard anything about it?

Not heard anything about peeling paint problems. But here is a thought about these tractors. Will they be worth as much in 18 years time as a "Silver Jubilee Ford 7810" since they are also a limited edition livery tractor.    :-\  Time will tell

Not heard anything about peeling paint problems. But here is a thought about these tractors. Will they be worth as much in 18 years time as a "Silver Jubilee Ford 7810" since they are also a limited edition livery tractor.    :-\  Time will tell

You can never tell a bit like gambling you can win or loose. Anything limited does tend to command a price. Take the last Marshall MP6 where only 197 were made. Apparantly useless tractors and behind in time but these examples can fetch the ? 70,000 mark these days.

They will command more, definitely, but is the demand for McCormicks as much as it is for Ford? I don't know a lot about how the McCormicks of nowadays relate to those past, but the Ford was a linear descendant and therefore has provenance. it also needs to be asked how collectable modern tractors will be, with their electronics, size and possibly reduced nostalgia towards this era of farming

They will command more, definitely, but is the demand for McCormicks as much as it is for Ford? I don't know a lot about how the McCormicks of nowadays relate to those past, but the Ford was a linear descendant and therefore has provenance. it also needs to be asked how collectable modern tractors will be, with their electronics, size and possibly reduced nostalgia towards this era of farming

I honestly can't see them as being collectable as in the past especially with all the electronic add on's. You don't have to be the brain of britian to work on some of the present classics but I suspect you will need to be a rocket scientist to work on some of these modern day ones in the future.

as tractors progress so do drivers and fitters, all these electronics fitted to machines get people scared it shouldnt do because all these fancy items do is the same old job differently the only awkward thing about them is when they go wrong its quicker to plug a computer in than check the system the old fashioned way.

im sure these modern tractors will attract collectors in years to come the only differance being is there wont be anywhere near the amount of collectors that are around today :(

i think there will still be a problem, especially when bespoke parts go bust, its not like you can fabricate a new ECU and it isn't just a case of a general mechanical knowledge - I don't doubt those using them now, but i'm sure that not everyone who collects classic tractors used that exact model back in the day.

No doubt you could simplify the tractor a great deal, bypass the technology that is installed for efficiency and to meet emission regulations but it doesn't seem the same as restoring one

I note Archbarch's and 1H's comments. I certainly think it will be more difficult to restore such tractors however I hope the younger generation keep up the trend of collecting and preserving our heritage and items of interest in the future.

I note Archbarch's and 1H's comments. I certainly think it will be more difficult to restore such tractors however I hope the younger generation keep up the trend of collecting and preserving our heritage and items of interest in the future.

Dont worry some of them are, i have a couple of countys and old ihs in a shed tucked away as well as some old cats

Dont worry some of them are, i have a couple of countys and old ihs in a shed tucked away as well as some old cats

Good to here that Kiwi6920. Have you any pictures you can post on your tractors?