1976 Ford 5095 tractor in forthcoming sale

BC

I was looking at the list of items for a sale of tractors and lorries and other plant which is taking place in Aberdeenshire this coming Saturday and see there is a 1976 Ford 5095 in the sale. I've never heard of such a model before but them I'm not very knowledgable on Ford tractors. Does anyone know anyhing about this model - an import perhaps?

Hi there. If I remember this right it is a Dutch or could have been a Belgian built conversion. Can't recall the name of the firm though, it will come back later or someone else on here will know it. These models were popular in France and on european farms at the time. If you look at the picture you will see a U shaped chassis member under the engine between the front bolster and the bell housing. This is a trade mark feature on all these conversions. Gives the tractor extra strength as the blocks used were unstressed and needed the extra support. I think it was a firm called EVA that make the parts. You will also see a similar thing on Ford 8100 and 8200 models which were converted in the U.K. by S.E.M. in Essex if I got that right. Hope this helps you out. Would like to come down to this sale but plan to do the model fair in Aberdeen and the B.A. Farmtoys weekend in a couple of weeks time   :) Could be worth a bid or two as it will be a rare tractor to find in Aberdeenshire or anywhere in the U.K.   8)

Hi there. If I remember this right it is a Dutch or could have been a Belgian built conversion. Can't recall the name of the firm though, it will come back later or someone else on here will know it. These models were popular in France and on european farms at the time. If you look at the picture you will see a U shaped chassis member under the engine between the front bolster and the bell housing. This is a trade mark feature on all these conversions. Gives the tractor extra strength as the blocks used were unstressed and needed the extra support. I think it was a firm called EVA that make the parts. You will also see a similar thing on Ford 8100 and 8200 models which were converted in the U.K. by S.E.M. in Essex if I got that right. Hope this helps you out. Would like to come down to this sale but plan to do the model fair in Aberdeen and the B.A. Farmtoys weekend in a couple of weeks time   :) Could be worth a bid or two as it will be a rare tractor to find in Aberdeenshire or anywhere in the U.K.   8)

Thanks for that TS135A. I'll send you a PM on the toy fair and BA event since i know of another forum member coming to BA from Canada.

I know its difficult not seeing the tractor in real life but would anyone hazzard a guess as to what its worth??

I know it is a difficult question since people can go crazy under bidding pressure at roups.

I know its difficult not seeing the tractor in real life but would anyone hazzard a guess as to what its worth??

I know it is a difficult question since people can go crazy under bidding pressure at roups.

Hi there BBLQO92. It is very difficult to value without seeing this tractor as so many things need to be considered before setting a value or limit to bid up to. Tyres, paintwork, body panels, hours on clock, runner /non runner, pools of oil under it everywhere ( sorry forgot it's not an MF )   There are 2 lines of thought on valuing this unusual beast. First. It could be that there is a clued up bidder or two at the sale who happen  to know that you won't find too many 5095's coming up and have set a high price to go to in the bidding just to get it and it will make a fortune you could find it makes a mental price at the fall of the hammer.  :o   Second line is that like yourself most people at the sale will have never heard of or seen one of these models and they just won't think about bidding on an unknown model of tractor and it becomes the bargain of the day for some lucky buyer   ;D

Hi there BBLQO92. It is very difficult to value without seeing this tractor as so many things need to be considered before setting a value or limit to bid up to. Tyres, paintwork, body panels, hours on clock, runner /non runner, pools of oil under it everywhere ( sorry forgot it's not an MF )   There are 2 lines of thought on valuing this unusual beast. First. It could be that there is a clued up bidder or two at the sale who happen  to know that you won't find too many 5095's coming up and have set a high price to go to in the bidding just to get it and it will make a fortune you could find it makes a mental price at the fall of the hammer.  :o   Second line is that like yourself most people at the sale will have never heard of or seen one of these models and they just won't think about bidding on an unknown model of tractor and it becomes the bargain of the day for some lucky buyer   ;D

I hear what you are saying TS135A. It will be interesting to see what it actually makes ( if its sold offcourse) - there could be a high reserve on it I just don't know. I will maybe try and get off work early tomorrow and have a look up to Fyvie. Alternatively I'll may ask the old boy who is retired to have a look up and what its like.

On the subject of the 8100 and 8200, they did not use the same cast subframe as the 5095, but rather steel side rails, which served the same purpose. They were not built by SEM, they were built by County in England, but it seems that EVA also made ones for the continent in Belguim, see the following thread on Farmphoto:

http://www.farmphoto.com/fpv2/message.aspx?mid=285695

I had a call from my father who is currently up at the auction site and gave me the following feed back On the Ford 5095 for sale tomorrow

Different back tyres and one poor

Poor front tyres

Tin work fair

Bonnet a bit picked and rusty

Looks to have been power washed but sign of engine oil leaks

8887.6 hours on clock

One of wing lights bad

Whole in front grill lights ok

I will try and find out what it sells for (if sold) and post since I don't think I will be able to get to the auction

On the subject of the 8100 and 8200, they did not use the same cast subframe as the 5095, but rather steel side rails, which served the same purpose. They were not built by SEM, they were built by County in England, but it seems that EVA also made ones for the continent in Belguim, see the following thread on Farmphoto:

http://www.farmphoto.com/fpv2/message.aspx?mid=285695

Well I got quite a bit of right info posted on the 5095  :) The 8100 and 8200 I didn't, I did think about it being a County conversion after posting but couldn't find any books to check it against   :-\  so decided to leave posting incase anyone else could shed light on the subject Maybe S.E.M. did some other conversion work, I know they did the 4610 turbo.

Thanks for the info. I have not seen an 8100 or 8200 for ages which didn't help either  :(

is this the one nigel ?

' fraid not Marcus, I've seen that before,...mine's the one without the rails- over and more round to the (same) side angle, alongside stables.There was also one at Hullavington last year that someone posted a pic of on here I think.

Well I got quite a bit of right info posted on the 5095  :) The 8100 and 8200 I didn't, I did think about it being a County conversion after posting but couldn't find any books to check it against   :-\  so decided to leave posting incase anyone else could shed light on the subject Maybe S.E.M. did some other conversion work, I know they did the 4610 turbo.

Thanks for the info. I have not seen an 8100 or 8200 for ages which didn't help either  :(

No bother, just wanted to set the record straight for others who might be interested. I know SEM did a lot of development work and experimenting with different combinations of engines and back-ends, but I'm not sure how much production work they did, and I don't have a copy of Stuart Gibbards 'The Bible-Part 2' ;D on hand to check, but I think its all in there.

' fraid not Marcus, I've seen that before,...mine's the one without the rails- over and more round to the (same) side angle, alongside stables.There was also one at Hullavington last year that someone posted a pic of on here I think.

Are you sure that was not the 6500 I posted? I don't think anyone put up images from Hullavington ???

Any plans to produce parts to convert the forthcoming Britains models?

What... more than all the bits I already do, like the mirror on its stalk indicators, side-lights on stalks, 7000 exhaust and aircleaner, wheels & tyres, air cleaner cartridge access panel,fuel filler cap?  ;):)

Hi there BBLQ092. Do you have the selling price that the 5095 made at the auction ? As I am sure there are a few of us on here who are curious to know if it sold or not and did it make a mad price.    :) 

I didn't go to the sale since I was getting my Nuffield looked out and ready for the BA working day in a couple of weeks time. I haven't actually spoken to anyone who was at the sale yet but I will make enquiries and let you know.