Hours Too High?

NewHolland2

Been doing my usual searching about for tractors for sale and came across this one......Exactly what I'd dreamed of and at a pretty good price (not that I've got that much yet though  :'() but looking for opinions on the hours here as they are pretty high but it is described as reliable - should that be taken with a pinch of salt once they've accumulated so many hours?

http://www.buglers.co.uk/stocklist_detail.cfm?ID=24

Thanks  :) :) ;)

At those hours Mart it could be reliable up until the day you buy iy but who's word have you got on that? Never believe a dealer, harsh I know but often true. At those hours you could have a load of electrical troubles and possible hydraulic ones, would be better giving it a miss :-\

looks like a pretty good tractor, tyres are fairly well down on her so take that into consideration as well

as for the hours, it really depends on what sort of a farm it came off, ie tillage, dairy or contractor. going by those hours i reckon its probably a contractors machine, so probably has had quite a few drivers on it.

what id do if i was in your situation is id go have a look at the tractor, see if its as ''excellent'' as he says, find out who owned it last and maybe try visit his place and see what sort of a set up he has,a lot can be said for the condition of the other machinery he has got,then you will have an idea how well minded it was.

At those hours Mart it could be reliable up until the day you buy iy but who's word have you got on that? Never believe a dealer, harsh I know but often true. At those hours you could have a load of electrical troubles and possible hydraulic ones, would be better giving it a miss :-\

very true gav, it can be hit and miss. the jd 3050 i bought a year ago now, hasnt done a lot of work, bout 500 hours i think, and had over 14000 hours on it when i picked it up, never has given me a bit of trouble, only thing ever changed was the filters and oil!!!

very true gav, it can be hit and miss. the jd 3050 i bought a year ago now, hasnt done a lot of work, bout 500 hours i think, and had over 14000 hours on it when i picked it up, never has given me a bit of trouble, only thing ever changed was the filters and oil!!!

Can get lucky like that, and as much as I hate to admit it about a JD, those old 50 series are pretty much bombproof. We had a NH 8560 that had done 6000hrs and was a pig from the day it set a tyre on our fields, so much so that we only kept it for a couple of months. Something with so many electronics on I wouldn't trust with those hours, especially if you have a limited budget for repairs as , as all farmers know, electronic problems are often tricky to trace and expensive to fix, with bills often running to 100's of ?'s to put right. If I were you Martin, yes do what Smish has suggested if you want but I'd give it a wide berth and look for a 30 or 40 series Ford or NH with less electronics and therefore less chance of a massive repair bill ;)

The thing i also noticed on this tractor mart is if your thinking of doing alot of trailer work that 83 has a swing hitch(drawbar) not a PUH and coming from experience they can be a right pain for hooking up to trailers and you dont want to take them off again :D :D

The thing i also noticed on this tractor mart is if your thinking of doing alot of trailer work that 83 has a swing hitch(drawbar) not a PUH and coming from experience they can be a right pain for hooking up to trailers and you dont want to take them off again :D :D

You numpty Pingu :D :D :D :D  It has a pick up hitch like most 60 series in this country did, look at the pictures, what it means is the hitch swings backwards as you lower it so it can be seen from the cab allowing easier hitching :D :D :D :D

Opps  :D :D well first time i'd ever seen a NH really was at college so i didnt think of that :D :D i should get a numpty really ::) ::) but sssssshhhhhhhh give me a dromone hitch anyday :D

bit far for mart to travel for it i think ,well after all dorset is a bit more than an afternoons drive from him   , it's only a 20 min drive from me !

we have a fair few contractors round here that use them & they are used hard especially at silage time , got lots of hills here & running trailers just pulls the guts out of them, i also know for a fact many are tweaked big time ,buglers are a good company though , i bought my 1494 from them & nothing was too much trouble for them , but i think scotland is a bit out of their area for a field service .

All depends on what she has done!

Chap i work for bought a 8360, she'd be older than that one, with about 8,000 hours, now there is over 9,500 and no bother at all. Boy that had here before cut hedges.

If she's been looked after, regular serviced etc, she'd be alright!!

Ah Buglers! used to make sure we visited them everytime we were in Beaminster visiting gran, wish I had photographs of the kit they used to have back then...I remember there was also a yard full of more "worn" machinery as well a bit further away

they still have a worn machinery yard mate

The hours are on the high side but if the tractor has been well looked after that should not be a problem. There are 3 lines of thought on this 8360. No1 It has been good up to these hours and has now being traded in because of problems starting to show up, because if it was a dodgy machine it wouldn't have been kept for so many hours and would have been traded in along time ago. No 2 It may well have a major problem the seller knows is likely to cost a fortune to repair shortly and got shot of it quick.

No 3 It's a perfectly good tractor

The advice I would offer is try to find out some history from previous owner or driver of this tractor if you can, and if you live more than a couple of hours drive or more from the dealer selling the 8360 try looking more local. Call outs usually have a milage charge for getting a mechanic to visit the farm to do a repair and if that means a 200+ round trip beware of steep extra on bill  :o Plus think of extra costs in getting the tractor delivered if it not within the dealers usual area. Hope this helps

tey go wrong big style at the that age and hours mine has done a lot more hours but has gone wrong big style total rebuild on mine but this might be ok but i would be suprised you would be better of buying a 7610 or a 7810 i the a bit older lot more simple to sort out and a 7810 is 120 hp so would do most jobs ok

if it was me i would buy it because its the DADDY to the Tm 135 which is a very reliable tractor

i would do a full motor rebuild and inspect the gearbox for wear

cheers

Reece

you need a machiic to even take the gera box a part or itwill never move again the selctor shaft is worn on mine ?1800 just to strip it down the hole cab has to come of  >:(

i didnt exactly mean my self do it no way there complicated as u said plus i would never have the time i would just get our local dealer to do it if it was me

big step up from a 3600 ? eh mart

have you thought of a 2850 deere I drove one for 10 years a bloody good work horse had her lugging on the potatos

she pulled a dowswell 4 furow (with "semi digger" muld boads)in all that

time plus she had the loader on her  only drastic thing to go

wrong was the clutch in 1997 the tractor was brand new to the farm

in 1992 couldent tell you the hours as the digital hour metre failed 3 years in we also changed the thrust barings on her at the same time just  incase

but they are a good buy mart we regularly serviced her as accurate as we could  :-\

tey go wrong big style at the that age and hours mine has done a lot more hours but has gone wrong big style total rebuild on mine but this might be ok but i would be suprised you would be better of buying a 7610 or a 7810 i the a bit older lot more simple to sort out and a 7810 is 120 hp so would do most jobs ok

7810 is 100hp in standard form and 120hp or more if its been tweaked up and turbo'd ;):)

Thanks for all the info folks...... :)

Looks like I'd be best to stick to lower houred ones then to be on the safe side......I suppose it wouldn't be so bad if I did have the funds to pay for repairs but not having that I suppose it would be best...... :) :) ;)

big step up from a 3600 ? eh mart

have you thought of a 2850 deere I drove one for 10 years a bloody good work horse had her lugging on the potatos

she pulled a dowswell 4 furow (with "semi digger" muld boads)in all that

time plus she had the loader on her  only drastic thing to go

wrong was the clutch in 1997 the tractor was brand new to the farm

in 1992 couldent tell you the hours as the digital hour metre failed 3 years in we also changed the thrust barings on her at the same time just  incase

but they are a good buy mart we regularly serviced her as accurate as we could  :-\

I know mate......I thought while I have the money why not go full steam ahead for a tractor I've always admired...... :D;)

Never really considered the Deere's mate......You know me and my blues......How old was the 2850 mate?  :);)

I know mate......I thought while I have the money why not go full steam ahead for a tractor I've always admired...... :D;)

Never really considered the Deere's mate......You know me and my blues......How old was the 2850 mate?  :);)

it was a 92 (k plate)aug the 1st aswell at the time it replaced my D reg 1394

CASEIH witch the boss semi reired for lighter work, I left in 1999 and the 2850 with tanco loader was still going strong but i think he put her in for a JD 6210 with quickie loader

i still see the 2850 with a mcconnel hedge trimmer for a local council authority contractor so shes doing realy well I must say a very very versitile tractor

and beats a MF 398 hands down or was it a 390 i drove for a day ???