Massey Ferguson 590

Spud

that day i was just turning it over in front of the baler because the wind blew the rows out of form

but what happens is u mow the field with the mower conditioner then a couple days later we rake it what the rake dose is make 3 rows into 1 its a Custom made machine for this job mainly used on lucerne hay just makes bales titer also faster balling time

rough diagram on how it works

Rake.jpg

cheers

Reece

Handy, so it moves the newly formed swath onto fresh ground as well then.

yea thats right the middle row is also moved over a foot or so

cheers

Reece

P.S i will try and get a Video next hay season  ;) ;)

cheers

Reece

that day i was just turning it over in front of the baler because the wind blew the rows out of form

but what happens is u mow the field with the mower conditioner then a couple days later we rake it what the rake dose is make 3 rows into 1 its a Custom made machine for this job mainly used on lucerne hay just makes bales titer also faster balling time

rough diagram on how it works

Rake.jpg

cheers

Reece

Looks like a cross between an old fashioned side delivery rake and a Vicon Acrobat, is it PTO driven?

is that a 2600/2700 seris type cab on it for smaller tractors?? (different i know but very simular) looks like it to me :-\

Quite similar Mike I agree.... I have seen some other cabs similar to this fitted to Canadian 200 series tractors as well  :)

Great pics

Is that an aftermarket cab? I want to know more about that configuration of cab/tractor. I thought all 500 series came with the standard MF cab.

Nope it's an OEM cab... the Austrailian spec models had different cabs to ours.... not sure where they were made.... but I doubt it was the UK  ???:-\

post-292-132638604677_thumb.jpg

as far as i know from new that tractor has had that cab nothing has changed its all original from out of the box as u would say

and yes she pulls the drill alright  ;) ;) ;) ;)

cheers

Reece