Few pictures from round the farms *Updated on - 10/03/13*

Deere-est

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sorry to say. .. .. (although I whole heartedly agree!!!) it hasn't been done on this one before. Reason for the tank is that the little one on the other side was converted to an oil resevoir for the tipping gear so a bigger tank was needed on this side to make up for the loss in fuel capacity. What I did learn however is the 54plate Volvo I had, same thing happened when our lot bought it. First week out the driver at the time ripped the hyd oil tank out in the same way!!

That was yesterday, I left the grain store at tea time today!!  ;D::)

Tank welded and bodged back on again even though the chap who runs the lorry had a second hand tank and brackets lined up to gp on yesterday. So if the boss is unhappy at the down time this mishap created he has noone but himself to blame.

Cripes Trissy... thats a mess.. poor lad... thanks for sharing the pics... if it's any concelation I felt the same putting up my ploughing pics  :-\ :D :D

Never mind mate... I bet you won't do that again.. and I admire your "staying power" ... my drivers smash up my vehicles and then sneak off home.... come back in the morning and say... "How on earth did that happen"  :o>:(

Accidents happen... that's how I got here evidently  :-\ :'( :D :D

That was yesterday, I left the grain store at tea time today!!  ;D::)

Tank welded and bodged back on again even though the chap who runs the lorry had a second hand tank and brackets lined up to gp on yesterday. So if the boss is unhappy at the down time this mishap created he has noone but himself to blame.

why didn't he fit the other tank? would have thought it would have been quicker to do that then weld up the damaged tank at a later date and use that as a spare.

Cripes Trissy... thats a mess.. poor lad... thanks for sharing the pics... if it's any concelation I felt the same putting up my ploughing pics  :-\ :D :D

Never mind mate... I bet you won't do that again.. and I admire your "staying power" ... my drivers smash up my vehicles and then sneak off home.... come back in the morning and say... "How on earth did that happen"  :o>:(

Accidents happen... that's how I got here evidently  :-\ :'( :D :D

How would he sneak off without any fuel?  :D :D

Bad luck Tris, seems a bit unlucky that :(

I'm sorry to say. .. .. (although I whole heartedly agree!!!) it hasn't been done on this one before. Reason for the tank is that the little one on the other side was converted to an oil resevoir for the tipping gear so a bigger tank was needed on this side to make up for the loss in fuel capacity. What I did learn however is the 54plate Volvo I had, same thing happened when our lot bought it. First week out the driver at the time ripped the hyd oil tank out in the same way!!

There you have it.  If the tank had been the original it would not have happened.  Therefore it is the boss's fault!

hey Tris, bad luck could happen to anyone it will be some one elses turn next time.

I wont even tell you what damage i did the other day too embarassing  :( but it did involve

a certain claas tractor doing a bit of reversing

hearing a noise i shouldnt have,

saying "O F$$k"

getting out

looking at damage

saying " O F$$k O f$$k" again, thinking im dead, trying to think of excuse

jumping back into tractor

jumping back out again

scratching head

taking a deep breath

making a shaky phonecall to boss

yipee hes just down the road and on the way up to me  ::) s??t think of excuse think of excuse........... nothing coming

Boss lands

"should i say hi?" "no need hes not in mood for chatting instead hes walking hastily towards tractor muttering somehing"

he looks at damage

and, low and behold hes surprisingly very calm and good about it and i got to live another day  :-*

no doubt the lads around the yard had a good laugh at my expense though  :D

Fair play Alan, accidents happen. The mickey taking I can handle but a boss which just highlights your "idiocy" infront of everyone else I can't. ... Sounds like your man ain't that type, no point making somone who feels a bit of a spanner feel like an even bigger spanner is there!!

Like the description of events by the way, very animated!!  :D :D

hey Tris, bad luck could happen to anyone it will be some one elses turn next time.

I wont even tell you what damage i did the other day too embarassing   :( but it did involve

a certain claas tractor doing a bit of reversing

hearing a noise i shouldnt have,

saying "O F$$k"

getting out

looking at damage

saying " O F$$k O f$$k" again, thinking im dead, trying to think of excuse

jumping back into tractor

jumping back out again

scratching head

taking a deep breath

making a shaky phonecall to boss

yipee hes just down the road and on the way up to me  ::) s??t think of excuse think of excuse........... nothing coming

Boss lands

"should i say hi?" "no need hes not in mood for chatting instead hes walking hastily towards tractor muttering somehing"

he looks at damage

and, low and behold hes surprisingly very calm and good about it and i got to live another day  :-*

no doubt the lads around the yard had a good laugh at my expense though  :D

u cant tease like that alan, whats broken then

didnt feel too animated as it was unfolding i can tell you  ;D ;D critics would have called it a shakey performance.

ya i dont mind mickey taking either once its left alone after a while, gets a bit annoying if you hear about it every night in the pub  ::);D. boss is fairly sound like that, funny enough if your going to do damage you might as well do it big then theres nothing said but if you do something small thats when he looses it

Oh dear Tris -  seen that happen several times with bollards when I was a weighbridge operator - remember a lad putting a big dent in the weight on a Volvo loader reversing into one of those :(

Pheeeeeeeeeeeew!!!!!!!!!!  :D :D :D :D

• 1 month later...

Well here a re a few updates on what I have been up to. As well as lot's of landscape work with the inlaws I have had a few days on the agency delivering beds on night runs to Bolton and London. For Bolton I had the Daf CF85 and for the London run I had the Renault.

I will try and replace these with PB links when I can get the ban on my phone lifted for the site.

post-227-132638673393_thumb.jpg

post-227-132638673405_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

A few pics from a little fencing job I did with a friend of mine a week or two ago. To save bandwidth I will replace the pics with PB links when the content control is lifted from my phone so that I can use PB again. We had the 8360 with the big Chilton/Malleaux loader and the Quantock post knocker. Hell of a knocker mind, shame they are packing up. It was just a 150m temporary fence while the farmer has a new driveway put in. We have lot's more fencing to do there though between now and end of Jan. We have started the Stewardship fencing now, two sides of a river bank through some old water meadiws. Its stock fencing with two strands of barb wire on the top. Gradually finding more and more ways to remove the manual side of the job too. We tension the wire with the knocker, with it's lateral float we can also knock in the strut's with it and then when it comes to marrying up the struts and strainers we can push them down with the front wieghts then tweak them with the chainsaw. Tidy job!! :)

05112007.jpg

05112007001.jpg

05112007002.jpg

05112007004.jpg

05112007009.jpg

05112007012.jpg

05112007016.jpg

05112007005.jpg

05112007015.jpg

Archived