Few pictures from round the farms *Updated on - 10/03/13*

Deere-est

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought you'd like that Si, that's why I changed the title to draw you in!!  :D

3 cords cut into 9in logs is about 4 - 5hrs. Takes longer at the yard as you have to load the table with the Sanderson and stuff. Any logs which are to big are ringed off with the chainsaw, split once or twice on big home made splitter and then thrown in the trough for the processor to finish off. Forgot to say, as the logs are sawn off, they drop into a trough hitting a switch which activates the ram automatically. If it falls wrong you can trip the ram and do it again manually or just reposition the log on top of the sensor.

She was fully loaded Mark, it would only ever happen when you are fully loaded at the furthest point from the pile on the coldest day!!  :D :D

One sold here recently for £3000, two years old and very little use. You can get them with a chain instead of a disc, much cheaper and quicker but don't take as much punishment and sharpening is more regular.

JAPA is another one Si.

The guy I am on with the logs with for most of the week has just shipped out the old for the new.

P reg 6180 in pretty good all round condition but as the boss says, a curse of a tractor for reliability. He is glad to see it gone.

The TM155 is an ex local contractor with 4000hrs on a 55 plate. She did have front linkage but it wasn't needed so it has the new style Case wieghts and hanger. Air brakes, cab and front axle suspension, 4 spools, twin beacons, new set of boots. ..  a right beauty and the linkage hardly has a mark on it. What the contractor used it for I don;t know. Looking at!

post-227-13263900985_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639009896_thumb.jpg

Nokia N95 Black edition Rhys. I forgot to say this beauty joins a TM140 which came from Lackham College with low hours and very little work under it's belt; and a TM150 which through the winter sits on the processor. No proper pics of the processor but here it is behind the TM150 loading up the 12t Easterby on the TM140.

post-227-132639009926_thumb.jpg

Well. . .. not quite. The other guy I'm working for just bought a late Y reg TM165 with full powershift and the non hesitant shuttle. .. . Now that is the next best thing!! You'd be surprised at the difference the shuttle makes. You don;t find yourself moving forward in the seat to take up the jolt when she finally shifts into forwards from reverse..  :D :D

They do, popular tractor round my way. Hope to get more pics up of the actual timber machinery.

Getting complicated as the other guy I work for who does the silaging also has a fleet of NH's  ::):D

Cheers Ol, Charlie for some reason hates admitting he is a farmer which winds me up, I'd love nothing more to say I farm 400ac with 200+ head of cattle including pure bred Charalois.  ::)

The guy with the big log business goes away from Saturday for the whole of February nearly so I will get Traci to come up and get loads of photos one weekend. I am running the show in his absence.. . ..  :o:-[

The guy with the big log business goes away from Saturday for the whole of February nearly so I will get Traci to come up (so you can stand on her shoulders and see the logs getting cut) and get loads of photos one weekend. I am running the show in his absence.. . ..  :o:-[

;) ;) Sorry mate  :D :D ;D ;D

Don't burn your tongue on the coffee on Sunday  >:(;):D

no worries mate, i am sure the "customs" checks of your lorries will be fine.... they may have oen of your relatives climb underneath and in the cab??

no sugar in my coffee please mate...

nowt wrong with the mf 6180's well yes most had problems but were i used to work still has one, done about 9000hrs and been very reliable, great tractor to drive apart from the electric forward/reverse on the steering colum (much better with the repo gear lever on the right)

Archived