Few pictures from round the farms *Updated on - 10/03/13*

Deere-est

And lastly for this installment of my working life here are the heifers, the bulls I missed.

And Dad. Huge, loves to have his back scratched though the soft old beggar!!

I like the look of that bull tris he looks as if he is on a good living what does he weigh? i knew a farmer just down the road from my mums he was getting on for 2 1/2 tonnes

Regards Nick

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure what 'Dads' weight it mate but I will try to find out best I can, I bet it's a fair bit too!!

As for the baler, Tim it has been owned here for six years or so, where it came from I do not know buddy.

• 1 month later...

Due to a light crop, a local hay merchant called us in to rake some hay up for his balers...

On getting to his yard I was greeted by his two mowing set-ups.

Now a few of you may rant and rave about push pull, triples, reverse drive etc but if you want something eye catching, look no further!! John Deere 4255 and John Deere 4650 both with John Deere 730 centre pull trailed mowers.

8)

post-227-132639365186_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639365208_thumb.jpg

They are all so immaculate as well, lovely collection of kit which is all used and looked after well. There is another 4450 possibly, can't remember. It dropped all the hydraulic oil in the middle of Westbury this week and had to be towed away by the K reg 4255. Whatever it was had the hydraulic driven front axle and it was one of these pipes which failed.

Fantastic outfit there, I like the idea of fitting a loader to a dumper. As stated the tractors are in fantastic shape, a real credit to the owner.

The injured tractor would be a 4440 or possibly 4430 if it had hydraulic front assist. All 50 series had mechanical front wheel drive.

More pictures of the kit in operation please.

Great stuff Tris, love the sight of those big SG2 cabbed Deeres especially the 4240 on the baler and Bale Bandit, very interesting piece of kit. That 2wd 7810 looks very tidy also. There's a contractor close to where I work operating a 730 mower behind a 7530, certainly doesn't look anything like as imposing as the 4650, what a beast. 8) 

Thanks, gentlemen. I saw these two working a year or two ago and was gutted not to have had the camera with me. I saw them not far from Tracis' parents house. .... infact only a two minute walk from where we now live. Will keep an eye on the barley field over the hill and see if they are up there this summer  :) :)

Archived