Few pictures from round the farms *Updated on - 10/03/13*

Deere-est

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The NH they paid ?1200 for but he can't remember what they got for it.

Thanks Tris - that is fierce cheap for one of those well regarded machines - I wonder at that money was she not 100% mechanically ???

Ah sorry mate I mean't to go on 192.Com to see where we were but forgot. There was a recycling yard next to where we unloaded in a field gateway.

Sounds like St Eval Tris. If so you were right on my doorstep :)

The seller got stung mate, considering that 'orrible green thing was bought for ?1000.

MDF, better let you know if I get down your way again mate. There was a carting track there too.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I was aloft the TX32 which the farmer bought in 1997, I last drove it in 2001 and she hasn't changed much. Think a mouse has been at the wiring though as the fan speed indicator doesn't give a read out, the headlights don't work unless you press the break pedal and the horn is kaput - which also means there is know audio warning for various sensors!! Still goes well though. Here she is before I started. He got stuck in a barley field and though, new tyres. A trip to George Coles at Shaftesbury and he go hold of these front ones. A set of rears is being made up for her too. Not sure what they are off but they have a lot more bite than the oldies.

post-227-132638633776_thumb.jpg

post-227-1326386338_thumb.jpg

so tris hows it feel to be back behind the wheel of a combine agin then?????

Absoloutley fantaaaaaastic mate. I was as happy as a pig in sh..  even though the air con had packed up!!! Hope it isn't the last time I get in one for the season. Hoping for a ride in a 480 Terra-Trac if I am lucky, see what happens there  :)

Absoloutley fantaaaaaastic mate. I was as happy as a pig in sh..   even though the air con had packed up!!! Hope it isn't the last time I get in one for the season. Hoping for a ride in a 480 Terra-Trac if I am lucky, see what happens there  :)

open the door mate,thats what its there for after all,  ;):D :D :D aint been on one now for ages i must say, would jump at the chance again though no problem

I was driving a Gleaner in 2003 and this in 2001 and yet I can't picture the inside of a Gleaner at all. The inside of this was still fresh in my mind, all the buttins, levers, switches. Like yesterday  :)

A couple more, love the second one  :-* Thanks Traci  :)

post-227-132638633851_thumb.jpg

post-227-132638633861_thumb.jpg

We had 1.6t/ac off of 22acres, 1.7t/ac off of 29acres and the 35acre field we didn't get done yesterday so I expect he finished it today. I was elsewhere today.

She ought to take up photography as a hobby I reckon coz she's pretty good at it.

Which reminds me -she is also quite good at driving combines as well!!!!!!!!!!

post-227-132638633956_thumb.jpg

post-227-132638633964_thumb.jpg

I can assure you she was, though she panicked when she saw a fox run from the crop ahead. She loved being up there in the hot seat, thats an Agroton and a TX32 she has driven now.  :)

I can assure you she was, though she panicked when she saw a fox run from the crop ahead. She loved being up there in the hot seat, thats an Agroton and a TX32 she has driven now.  :)

I say again, that's fantastic... I am so impressed ... please tell Traci how impressed I am... driving a combine has a huge coolness factor, and I'm mega jealous;)

I say again, that's fantastic... I am so impressed ... please tell Traci how impressed I am... driving a combine has a huge coolness factor, and I'm mega jealous;)

You ought to go to that thing they have somewhere around yeovil way every year for breast cancer i think were woman get to drive combines and big trators and stuff for charity be right up a toff's street  :) :) :):D :D :D :D

Great pics by the way Tris and Traci  ;) ;) :) :)

Archived