Ferguson Collection Open Day.

powerrabbit

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well,. I am going a little earlier in order to go into the shop on the way to have a look on the 12 shelves of Britain's and Siku stuff they have got. Mate of mine went in the shop today for a Ford 5000 and they had just one left. He asked the owner of the shop how many he had sold and the owner said that to date he has sold just over 400 and has another 500 ordered. So they must be selling ok.  ;D

Well,. I am going a little earlier in order to go into the shop on the way to have a look on the 12 shelves of Britain's and Siku stuff they have got. Mate of mine went in the shop today for a Ford 5000 and they had just one left. He asked the owner of the shop how many he had sold and the owner said that to date he has sold just over 400 and has another 500 ordered. So they must be selling ok.  ;D

stopping at chagford by any chance mate, if not wheres that shop for my travels

Not Chagford, that would take me in the opposite direction, the shop I will be going to is in Crediton. If I meet you up at Mikes open day I will tell you the shop to look in.

We will all have to meet and introduce ourselves. I will turn up in a green 1966 D reg Land Rover Series 2A. I will be wearing green trousers and a blue and grey top and will probably break with my usual tradition  :o and have a few Ferguson badges pinned on me.  :P

been and back again now, few un expectied bargins to, just come home with a mib britains green powerharrow and drill combo, a rare yellow bauer tanker, not the usual white bodyed one, all intact bar one spout, everad sprayer and a couple of figures for 30 ,thats for all of them, just ment i went hungery all day as that was my food money, didnt expect any models for sale

Well, it's all over now. Great to meet a few of the guys on here and have a chat. I did not expect the amount of toys/model stuff that was there and nice that the prices were reasonable. Went into the shop in Crediton on the way and picked up a cardboard box full of Siku stuff, wish that I'd saved it for some more at the open day really but I've already got most of what was there, did buy a Power Farm Claas Forager for 40 notes and had the better Corgi MF combine for 20 notes. Bought a copy of Mikes book that he has written on the Fergies and he kindly offered to sign it for me which I thought was nice of him and on the stall in the middle lower shed where the chap had all the leaflets and instruction books I bought the book he had there titled 'Ferguson Implements And Accessories' by John Farnsworth, a first edition from 1996.

Great morning, very enjoyable and a terrific atmosphere. I left around 2.00pm as I had to be home to go and pick up my Sister-in-laws first car with my Brother.

Cheers lads, lovely to meet you, hope we can repeat it again, probably at Toytrac in October.  :) :)

Well, it's all over now. Great to meet a few of the guys on here and have a chat. I did not expect the amount of toys/model stuff that was there and nice that the prices were reasonable. Went into the shop in Crediton on the way and picked up a cardboard box full of Siku stuff, wish that I'd saved it for some more at the open day really but I've already got most of what was there, did buy a Power Farm Claas Forager for 40 notes and had the better Corgi MF combine for 20 notes. Bought a copy of Mikes book that he has written on the Fergies and he kindly offered to sign it for me which I thought was nice of him and on the stall in the middle lower shed where the chap had all the leaflets and instruction books I bought the book he had there titled 'Ferguson Implements And Accessories' by John Farnsworth, a first edition from 1996.

Great morning, very enjoyable and a terrific atmosphere. I left around 2.00pm as I had to be home to go and pick up my Sister-in-laws first car with my Brother.

Cheers lads, lovely to meet you, hope we can repeat it again, probably at Toytrac in October.  :) :)

Good to meet you too PR, had a good day down there but glad to finally be home again, been a long day with leaving here at 4am and getting home at 8.15pm. Nice to put a face to the names with meeting a few new faces and seeing some of the old ones again :)

Marky will probably post the pics tomorrow, including one of him with Mandy as we met her for breakfast :);)

Great to meet you all, names and faces etc.  A thoroughly good day out.  If anyone has an opportunity to visit the Ferguson Collection then go, it's fascinating.

Marky's got all the photo's so we'll have to wait for him to sort them out.  Tris I hope your journey home was a lot quicker then the journey down!

it was great to meet up with you guys , sorry i was a moody old git :'( :'( had a fun day. :)

Mark... you were not a moody old git mate... you looked like you were in flipping agony mate  :o - It was GREAT to see you - I admire you for making the effoet to come buddy - TAKE IT EASY  ;)

it was great to meet up with you guys , sorry i was a moody old git :'( :'( had a fun day. :)

Mark it was great to meet you, and NO YOU WERE NOT.  Bet you were glad to get out and about after what you have been through in the past couple of weeks.  Take good care of yourself and sometime when I'm around your way I want to come and see Ford Farm as well!

Great to meet up with you all again and meet PDH for the first time, the trip home was quicker thanks yes - all bar the need to stop for a steak and kidney pudding and a pint in The Red Cow in Honiton!!  :P :P

Fantastic collection with my favourites being the little 4wd 135 with a funny cab and a side mounted finger bar mower, the series 1 Landrover and the 35x narrow track.

Traci enjoyed herself, I though it would be a bit much for her - tractors and tractor talk for a whole afternoon but she enjoyed herself and was glad to meet some of the people I always mention.

OLD FORD, you were far from grumpy mate. Considering the discomfort you must be in I thought you put up a good show. And Traci thinks your lovely, as all of you are.  :-*

Mark it was great to meet you, and NO YOU WERE NOT.  Bet you were glad to get out and about after what you have been through in the past couple of weeks.  Take good care of yourself and sometime when I'm around your way I want to come and see Ford Farm as well!

you are more than welcolme mate and that goes for any body else :) :)

Great to meet up with you all again and meet PDH for the first time, the trip home was quicker thanks yes - all bar the need to stop for a steak and kidney pudding and a pint in The Red Cow in Honiton!!  :P :P

Fantastic collection with my favourites being the little 4wd 135 with a funny cab and a side mounted finger bar mower, the series 1 Landrover and the 35x narrow track.

Traci enjoyed herself, I though it would be a bit much for her - tractors and tractor talk for a whole afternoon but she enjoyed herself and was glad to meet some of the people I always mention.

OLD FORD, you were far from grumpy mate. Considering the discomfort you must be in I thought you put up a good show. And Traci thinks your lovely, as all of you are.  :-*

thanks Tris you are a very lucky guy having Traci shes well fit ;D ;D :P :P it was very nice to meet you both.

good day was had by all i think although , it could have been awfull if it had rained , lots of very interesting stuff down there , with a fair bit in the wings still to be refurbished , good to meet the same old faces & nice to see a few new ones as well . have got loads of pics , but unlike marky , mine don't have the people in front of the subject  :D :D :D, will post them up at sometime, but not home for a few days so you'll have to wait  :)

was good to meet the lovely traci tris , got a good one there mate  & very funny as well  ;) certainly kept you in yer place ! :D

why what did the nasty marcus do to you then mate ;):D :D :D

thats not what he meant sean  :-\ great to see ford farm for real , so much to look at mark that you don't see on the topic posts , enjoyed that very much , but had to leave early as had an appointment with a lady  ;):P :P