Graham's Work

graham

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

funny you should say that tris the fella in the pics when he works at wynsdyke farms he stays overnight in marlbrough so maybe one day we could do that ;)

Just say the word mate  :)

That cattle shed is much like many being built on the council farms in Wiltshire at the moment mate. Half of the silage customers are council farms and you should see the money being spent recently on the tennant farms.

Do you know what the lorry was tipping? Milled wheat husks or something?

Just say the word mate  :)

That cattle shed is much like many being built on the council farms in Wiltshire at the moment mate. Half of the silage customers are council farms and you should see the money being spent recently on the tennant farms.

Do you know what the lorry was tipping? Milled wheat husks or something?

Sawdust

they have 800 cows but i think they will go up in numbers .milking three times a day through 32 point rotary parlour ,not sure how many acres they farm coxy but they do a lot of contract forage harvesting as well as there own, its the biggest feed wagon i have seen i know back axle steers not sure if two axles steer they have 155hp on it and it knows it is mixing the food ;) ;)

funny you should say that tris the fella in the pics when he works at wynsdyke farms he stays overnight in marlbrough so maybe one day we could do that ;)

some great pics in there mate

sean , lot of places use sand now , better for herd health, & cheaper well by all accounts.

is that as in wynsdyke farms , the big organic people with & robot milkers all in one building & 4 huge great feed bins at the front of the sheds

once delivered to one of their farms , out between marlbrough & andover

some great pics in there mate

sean , lot of places use sand now , better for herd health, & cheaper well by all accounts.

is that as in wynsdyke farms , the big organic people with & robot milkers all in one building & 4 huge great feed bins at the front of the sheds

once delivered to one of their farms , out between marlbrough & andover

thats the one marcus we have put all the slurry scapers in there but i have never got there will do thou , the dairy unit was four million so i am told the fella that owns it is a . com betting company

it is good to see matty that is on a greenfeild site matty the farmer is first generation farmer two so that is nice two he is having a go ,we got to put a parlour in there that we took out a few months ago from a farm that gave up milking it will be a 20x20 with new feeders at the moment he is milking in our mobile milking parlour on the farm across the road .we our just waiting for parlour wall s to be firbre glassed and final floor finish on cow standings then we can start

they have 800 cows but i think they will go up in numbers .milking three times a day through 32 point rotary parlour ,not sure how many acres they farm coxy but they do a lot of contract forage harvesting as well as there own, its the biggest feed wagon i have seen i know back axle steers not sure if two axles steer they have 155hp on it and it knows it is mixing the food ;) ;)

they most be milk none stop so

thats the one marcus we have put all the slurry scapers in there but i have never got there will do thou , the dairy unit was four million so i am told the fella that owns it is a . com betting company

real big place is that graham, got a lot of money invested in that set up i think it's catered for by either the dorchester or calne mill so it's unlikely i'll deliver there again , quite an eye opener , apart from 6-8 robots the main shed is all compartmentised so the herd is split into groups, one robot caters for each little herd , & so that the herdsman kan keep an eye on everything cctv cameras are on a direct feed into the office & a suspended  gantry walk runs right down the middle of the shed aprox 12 up so a good view can be had down onto each little herd .

mu only gripe is that some of the newer robots have their feed bins in the shed & instead of running the bins feed pipe out to the outside of the shed, the drivers have to haul all their pipe into the shed ,

marcus was your calne mill owned by a feed firm called tucks in the eighties

a few pics from recent farm s , you dont see many tower cranes on farms they are building a bio digester to make electricity from cow slurry they will be self sufficent for there own electric and put one megawatt a day into the grid which when up and running will produce an income of £5,000 a day :o :o so they tell me ,apparently at the moment in germany they are starting two of these plants up a day :o

DSCF3683.jpg

DSCF3688.jpg

DSCF3685.jpg

DSCF3686.jpg

DSCF3689.jpg

DSCF3681.jpg

at the moment they have just over 500 milking cows they did have 700 but while building work is going on got rid of 200 so plenty of the raw material i think they will also grow maize for the digester as well

Archived