• 1 month later...

thought i would put up pics of a few jobs

DSCF4368.jpg

AI race steelwork

DSCF4373.jpg

all set up first then concrete post s in

DSCF4374.jpg

takes a while setting up but can get it straight

had to replace two milk tanks the old ones have been welded five times at £1500 each time so farmer bought two new ones

DSCF4372.jpg

DSCF4375.jpg

they just fitted in height wise

DSCF4380.jpg

That's a big job. Good to see there's still enough confidence in dairy for investment like that.  :)

it is a big job john falling a bit behind due to weather,can not get on concreting at moment ,it is a large investment not sure of final cost the job just keeps growing new silage clamps once this stage is done so no change out of £1,000,000 ,nice to see got a few big jobs in pipeline so good for the industry

Do you get the cows to chip in on the cost then ???  :of :of :of  that's good of them... then again... they do get the use of it I suppose  :-\ :-[

I'll get my coat  :-[

Nice pictures by the way Graham

only a Massey fan could think cows have their own money, ha ha!!!!!!!

a few updated pics bill things moving on cubicle house two more rows to do but that is not until next year wanted to house cows in there but the weather has halted concrete scrape area outside they have put the cattle i n some other buildings for time being,

DSCF4381.jpg

DSCF4384.jpg

DSCF4386.jpg

DSCF4389.jpg

strong backs holding walls should be ok without them but never sure while top gets concreted then the top slab holds together with the re bar , then take the strong backs away and put up again and concrete next bay

DSCF4391.jpg

all clad in nice and cosy i wish like an ice box working in there so much steel, and my new van,

DSCF4392.jpg

the milking parlour is finished sean but we can not test anything waiting for elec to be connected and water ,all cable is in and backfeild same as water just waiting for connections then we can test some bits ,building wise it will be nearly a year from site strip to finish sean ,will have a cracking unit when finished  ;)

• 1 month later...

the old buildings sean will be used for heifer rearing ,and dry cows , the farm is one of six sites brighton council are looking into for landfill so may be covered in years to come with rubbish ,can not imagine it but it is on the list of sites , may be taken it down in a few years  ;)

• 4 weeks later...

its a wet horrid day here so just got some pics of camera ,of us putting up backing gate rails in collecting yard  , i was feeling rough with the man flu so i drove the farms massey with loader doing the lifting ,picture of cattle handling system ,and the parlour opening so cows can exit

DSCF4509.jpg

DSCF4510.jpg

DSCF4513.jpg

DSCF4516.jpg

DSCF4519.jpg

DSCF4520.jpg

• 2 months later...

few more

100_1726.jpg

the feeder wagons with out wheels are the intakes for a digester plant that is turning cow muck into electric ,they have to feed 12ton of maize silage and wheat into the plant to make a mega watt of electric as well as the muck ,the day i was there the plant was producing £4,800 of electric in 24hrs they hope to pay back for the plant in 4to5 years ,i think that was£ 2.5 million , i am not sure but think rich had a tour round this plant to

Holy. . ... . .  :of

You are doing some damn high quality work on some farms which seem to have massive foresight into the future by being self sufficient. Excellent. I love your topic mate, always learn something new when I read/look at it.

cheers tris the farm where the digester is are having a go big time so good luck to them ,they have only got one silo up and running at moment they are thinking about putting another engine in to prouduce more electric, the gas at moment is running a 12 cylinder deutz gas engine some engine that looked ,spark plugs £395 each so some big bills with the plant as well ,but they are not having slurry problems 750 cows to , few more shinny pics

100_1691.jpg

100_1688.jpg

100_1686.jpg

100_1659.jpg

Archived