Cullies Farm

smallclaas

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah that's annoying, I had the same problem a few years back as well. For some reason they seemed to find certain plastic parts tasty, like the Britain's round bails and the centre wheel stud on some models. ha ha

As said, a trap or two will sort them. I,m lucky enough to have started my layout raised up off the floor, so that should stop it happening again. 

This is how this part of the layout is developing with the plantation to the side and a few more fields to do. I put in a cattle underpass and road in a few years back, but now in hindsight I might rip the road and underpass out as they look a bit akward 

20160207_174039.jpg

Looking at it a few minutes ago it looks like a lot of ripping might be needed to get it out. So it might be staying i'll get some trees and foliage around it to see how it looks.

The layout is about 16 metres in length by 3 wide never really measured it, think if i did I'd just get sense and stop going! ;-)

One change on the layout made this evening, the original site of the Dairy unit has been changed. I moved it with some collateral damage caused but nothing to significant :-)

I moved it right to the very upper limit of the layout where it fits in better and I've freed up some valuable space for future development. The whole dairy end will follow shortly and hopefully leave it less cluttered. 

First 2 pics shows it in it's original location and last 2 show the space its free up. i'd say it's about 4 acres in 1/32 land ;-)

PIC02723.JPG

PIC02724.JPG

Well took a bit of digging through polystyrene hills but got the dairy unit fitted to it's new location. At least it was easier to cut out the hole for the operators pit in the poly. There lots of space left to place the other sheds, just to hover up the poly beads now >:(

20160210_155221.jpg

20160210_155227.jpg

20160210_155244.jpg

20160210_171019.jpg

20160210_171059.jpg

20160210_172734.jpg

Archived