Cullies Farm

smallclaas

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got a tree made first of many. Looks like a Scrub Oak at the moment. made it using Woodland scenics clump material and sprinkled it with som Hornby scatter material to give it a bit of clour. Used spray on glue to fix all together and hold the sprinkle on. Looks ok have to say using the twig as the base. Cost me about 3quid I reckon to make.

post-77-132638548722_thumb.jpg

post-77-132638548724_thumb.jpg

There very straight forward to make this one took me about 20 mins just getting the clump material to look like foliage is the hard part. but great way to make cheap trees.

saw that stuff in the sets they sell, with plastic trunks ect in town ,and did think about it, but that way is a lot cheaper

Fab Garrett, alot of model railroaders use this method (I can't believe that I didn't mention this to you guys before) as I have used this method  ::) Also you can use skewers with lichen on them for filler trees that are in the background (like if you were making a forest and these tress woul be in the middle so no detail would be needed. (If that makes sense)  :)

Got a tree made first of many. Looks like a Scrub Oak at the moment. made it using Woodland scenics clump material and sprinkled it with som Hornby scatter material to give it a bit of clour. Used spray on glue to fix all together and hold the sprinkle on. Looks ok have to say using the twig as the base. Cost me about 3quid I reckon to make.

Smug git!!!!!!!!! It look incredible G-man!!! Bonzai!!

i think thats how nath said he did it, sure he will tell us when he seen the post

Yep bang it in a blender, comes out lovely and fine ;) ;) It does fade after a while though yes. The stuff I used for my silage scene would look good on a maize seen now though as it's yellowed a bit ;)

Archived