can some one help id this chopper please

Kiwi6920

prob a JD painted to look like a Case ;) ;) ::)

Seriously though Civilpek i think was saying something like that on here, some contractors were buying in machinery but changing the colours to the brands they liked ??? ??? :-\ :-\, sure someone can confirm it

Its a Claas, look at the shape of the body panels on it, along with the roof line, ok so it has different lights to the ones we're used to but add to that the pick up then I'm certain that its what it is.

These some pics I took of the 900 where I worked for a few months, definately the right shape, if not for this model one of the older ones ;)

http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=10659.0

Think you are right Gav, looks like an 860 or 880 ???

Thats more the sort of model I was thinking of than the 900 Colm, looking at the Norscott model of the 880 you can see the styling is correct ;)

i dunno about the claas... look at how the white panels on top and the green side panels are seperated on the claas, they have been this way on all the 800 series jags. the white cowling is much narrower than the green, with a grating built in on top of the green for access... this "case" has the panels as one 'square' piece... if thats not too confusing to understand  :D

Nope that is not a class, it has a angled panel on thop of the rear wheels where the class doesnt and as datman has pointed out its a single side panel to the flat top, here are 2 pics of a 890 to see what i mean,

890left.jpg

8901.jpg

It looks like a bit of this and a bit of that to me now i look at it harder its defntly a class pick up tho

Definately NOT a Claas, I would stick more to the Mengele side of things, Sort of Deutz Gigant styled machine, Yeah so it has a Class PU300 Header but it certainly isn't a Claas forager, theres too much styling not the same. It would be too costly to have styled all that from a Claas, and I also reckon the bonnet is too high to be a Claas aswell. My views only, others may differ.

id still go with class, the panels could easily have been made up for a one off, but the cab and back look very class. the guys i was with were in the process of making a 7500 just as i was leaving and to say it quite bluntly there will be alot of differents to the real 7500, or improvements as they call them so something like that could have happened here. the lights under the handrails look kinda like the jd arrangement except they are rectangle

Cheers lynsdsy, gald some one figured it out, if its so rare she must have cost a fair swag to get her in 2 nz , i think i saw it around neslon some where ::) i know it wasnt in the north island :)

Since the UK members seem to find this kind of thing interesting......

One local carrot grower has a NZ made carrot harvestor made by a company that paints it's kit blue painted up in MF colours to match the tractor that pulls it. :)

post-628-132638618864_thumb.jpg

That is definitely a Case Mummut 8790 but I think with a Claas pick up.  I think this was the last chopper case did before they stopped making them, I would guess it ended up in NZ as a demonstrator.

Your are right Soilboy.

mammut87901.jpg

mammut87902.jpg

mammut8790.jpg

Texas