2 Rotary machines; MF 8590 and JD 9880iSTS

Belarusfan

Not the best looking Massey combine I have seen... I wonder why they wern't suited to our conditions  ???

Thanks for posting though Chris... some nice shots you have there as well  ;)

I've not Got the brochure on that one yet either... I do have it's smaller sister the 8570 though  :-\

Nice pictures there mate........The Massey is an odd looking machine isn't it........

Yes very rare - only a few brought over in 1987 I believe - there were 2 for sale on ebay a while back and I put them on here ;)

Not the best looking Massey combine I have seen... I wonder why they wern't suited to our conditions  ???

I've not Got the brochure on that one yet either... I do have it's smaller sister the 8570 though  :-\

strange aint it, givern the new big ones are rotary to, as are a lot of jds ect to as well, just to new at the time for the farmers mayybe??

No problem ;) Photo'd another MF machine today you may like..... :)

Could you post up the 8570 brochure please? :)

Nice pictures there mate........The Massey is an odd looking machine isn't it........

strange aint it, givern the new big ones are rotary to, as are a lot of jds ect to as well, just to new at the time for the farmers mayybe??

I have heard it was built for conditions in the USA and couldn't cope with all our straw? ???

I'm butting in I know but they were taken in Wattisfield between Bury St. Edmunds and Diss.  The farmer is John Sharp.

Got it in one ::):)  Though I assumed it was FW Barker Farms ::)

Here you go Chris  ;)

Oh.... and by the way... what other machine did you photograph mate  :P :P

Thanks for that 8)

Other machine, well I'm planning a large topic when I get the time which it will be in ;)

The land is FW Barker but John and Alistair Sharp farm it, since Sentry stopped - or were stopped as is the case ;)

Ah makes sense :) It seems that Sentry are not liked by quite a number of people ::)

Where could I find this new Claas machine please? (PM?) :)

More info on the Massey.  The owner - not Sharps - bought it because his father had one years ago.  It cost him about 10k and he has spent more than double that on restoring it to mint condition, he now runs it for fun.

More info on the Massey.  The owner - not Sharps - bought it because his father had one years ago.  It cost him about 10k and he has spent more than double that on restoring it to mint condition, he now runs it for fun.

That is mad - especially for a rarity like that  :-[