Joe's combine hunting 2007

CX820Joe

Hi All,

Here are a few photos from this years harvest - all were taken last Sunday mostly around Nesscliffe and surrounding villages (near to the main A5).  First up, is a contractors New Holland TX67 seen at Walford, near the farming college.  This belongs to the same contractor who let me have a ride on a TX34 when I was a kid!

post-566-132638639671_thumb.jpg

And last for now, a couple of older machines - a Claas Dominator 78, seen near Nesscliffe - if I could have timed it better I could have got the 9880i in the background.  Secondly, a John Deere 1055 which was stopped and although there were still trailers in the field, they must have nipped off for tea.  Hope you like the photos.

post-566-132638639712_thumb.jpg

post-566-132638639719_thumb.jpg

And last for now, a couple of older machines - a Claas Dominator 78, seen near Nesscliffe - if I could have timed it better I could have got the 9880i in the background.  Secondly, a John Deere 1055 which was stopped and although there were still trailers in the field, they must have nipped off for tea.  Hope you like the photos.

looks like Ryton XI towns joe or baschurch

nice pictures but is it me or are the front wheels on the NH TX67 abit on the thin side? :-\

I wondered that myself - at first glance I wondered if it had once had duals.  I don't know why its got the German writing on the side, unless its been imported or something?  On the rear it says 'Achtung! Fahrzeug schert aus' and has the continental circled 20 speed limit.  Most intriguing....

looks like Ryton XI towns joe or baschurch

I think the place the 1055 is at is called Broomfields - its just off the A5 after you come off the Nesscliffe bypass, before the turning for Ensdon.  The Dominator 78 belongs to the Goose Farm just outside Nesscliffe - I'm sure they used to have a Volvo S950 before it...

Hi Mart,

The NH was registered P186HUX - local plate.  The mystery deepens....

could be a grey import at a guess??? or the origonal buyer specified euro spec as it had some sort of fancy extra he wanted

great pics though looks like somebody misjudged a turn or parking manover with that little jd though, lovley bang on the rear end corner

Hi Folks,

Well I went on some more travels today to see if anything was about.  For the first 10 miles there was little to see; I spotted some trailers on the headland of a field and got momentarily excited but it turned out to be a Claas Jaguar that had been whole cropping, and it had finished anyway, and not that well visible off the road.  Further on, near the PGL camp by Ruyton XI Towns I could hear something which I thought was in the field beside the road; it was not in the field, for as I came to by the main gate of the camp I was met by a JD towing a Claas header.  And then behind it was a Lexion 580 Terra Trac.  On a narrow lane like that, you really appreciate how big these things are; I got more than a few nettle stings as I dragged my bike up the verge, a few hedge thorns in the posterior as well, but the thing crawled past somehow!  I didn't get a photo, but it was on an 06 plate.  So further on and towards Rednal there were more signs of there having been harvest activity, but no combines.  In fact, backtracking a little, there were a lot of fields still to be done here and there. 

Then I got to Rednal itself and things started to get interesting.....Firstly the sight of this monster detaching its header:

DSCF0695.jpg

Then, up at the farm it belongs to, this classic machine, though its not a very good photo at all I'm sorry:

DSCF0698.jpg

But then, a few miles down the road at Hordley, I was thrilled by this sight, two International 531's at work in the same field.  You may recall last year a blurred view of one of these, hopefully these will make up for that poor image:

DSCF0700.jpg

And here are some photos of the first machine by itself:

DSCF0702.jpg

DSCF0704.jpg

Both of them heading up the field:

DSCF0708.jpg

Second one coming back down:

DSCF0711.jpg

Off down again:

DSCF0716.jpg

First one emptying out:

DSCF0720.jpg

Ford Racing back down the field, second one (white cab) ploughing on:

DSCF0722.jpg

First one (red cab) starting another row:

DSCF0725.jpg

It was great to see these two old combines, which seemed very well looked after, at work, the drivers of both and of the Ford all seemed really friendly (all smiles and waves) and its a rare thing to see tweo combines at work in the same field.  Posted these using photobucket for the first time, hope they come out OK and you enjoy looking  :)

just talking of combine hunting i wish i had a camera the other day a new lexion got unloaded off the lorry by me and some numpty got in it ( someone from the facotry i think) and decided to bomb it down the road which was only 10foot wide with deep ditches either side needless to say he lost control and put the thing in the ditch scratch one brand new lexion 600 (not on tracks) it took them most of the day to get it out of the ditch. i think they were taking it back to scrap it for parts as the underside was all ben up.

as for those two IH's where do you live joe cos wouldnt it be cheaper to buy 1 with a 25 foot header rather than 2 combines? they still look nice though i love the classics

just talking of combine hunting i wish i had a camera the other day a new lexion got unloaded off the lorry by me and some numpty got in it ( someone from the facotry i think) and decided to bomb it down the road which was only 10foot wide with deep ditches either side needless to say he lost control and put the thing in the ditch scratch one brand new lexion 600 (not on tracks) it took them most of the day to get it out of the ditch. i think they were taking it back to scrap it for parts as the underside was all ben up.

as for those two IH's where do you live joe cos wouldnt it be cheaper to buy 1 with a 25 foot header rather than 2 combines? they still look nice though i love the classics

They were about 5 miles from Ellesmere (Shropshire) at a place called Hordley - they seemed in great condition and I dare say they are capable for the acreage they cover, though I suppose even one combine with a 20' header would make a difference.  The farm used to run an IH 431 and a Laverda M132, so they probably aren't too preoccupied with upsizing!