Marks Pics

MDFord

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheers Matty :)

Marcus & Eurodeere, thanks for the info ;) (265 4wd + Sankey cab is the only one of these i've ever driven)

Thank You Smithy, yeah bit of overkill there :D

Interesting Tris, Didn't take this one on the road, but shes 50k + air brakes. Ride across the ploughing seemed fine though :)

the 298 & 698 had a lot to live up to after all their legacy thus far had been the 595 ,which to be fair hadn't had much in the way favourable commendations  when it worked well it was a good strong tractor ,  although the 595 was in it's day a 'big' tractor , the hydraulics weren't up to the job ,  & a flat power curve giving very poor engine performance ..................enter the 298 & 698  ta .da............... :( :( :(

at least MF rectified some of the problems in reliablity 

the 698 sold well till the 699 came round & then sales dwindled , till the 698T became what the 698 should have been a gutsy hard wearing workhorse , the A4.236 from the 675 was chosen because of it excelent cooling , just a shame a 275 wasn't adapted to have a 298T    now to my mind that would have been a good tractor .

sorry mark rambling again  :(

• 2 weeks later...

Did a bit of cultivating ahead of the drill today to break up some hard clods. Of course it was very dusty, and at one point this afternoon we had a fair shower of rain which didn't do much for sideways vision :D

post-764-132639176022_thumb.jpg

post-764-132639176028_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Bill, certainly was - sorry I missed your reply until now :-[

Next up is some pics from Saturday 17th Oct.  Walking across the fields behind our house there was a lot of activity going on, JD 6330 hoeing brassicas, Sewage sludge spreading - JD + NH with Rolland spreaders and a fendt ploughing it in. Luckily the wind was blowing from my direction towards them  :D  Also contractors were in clearing the last field of maize when i got there with the camera. Krone Big X V8, MF 6499, MF 6480, 2 x Deutz?? and a Renault 696rz along with Richard Western, Agrimac and marston trailers.

DSC03426.jpg

DSC03427.jpg

DSC03428.jpg

DSC03429.jpg

DSC03432.jpg

DSC03433.jpg

Archived