Marky ploughing 22.09.07

FB

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get a Ransomes Mark or a KV - better still - not bad at all for a starter but I think you might need to adjust the right hand lift arm so she would turn it over better ;)

Ah... downwards do you mean Colm  ???

When I took the plough off back home the link arms were nowhere near level  :-[ - Am I right in saying they should be level (as the plough is cranked on the pins)  ???

Ah... downwards do you mean Colm  ???

When I took the plough off back home the link arms were nowhere near level  :-[ - Am I right in saying they should be level (as the plough is cranked on the pins)  ???

Yes downwards Mark as might put more of a curve on the board ;)

The links arms shouldn't be level - it will depend on the depth you want to plough at - the key is to have the plough's beam and the crosshaft level - If I remember correctly when we used to plough with the 3600 (similar to Fanny's 3pt linkage) the lift arm was about 1.5 in lower for ploughing 9-10 inches - want a new trainer  :D :D

sorry to rub it in marky you need practise which makes perfect

Isn't satellite guided steering clever.......... :D Do JD's still have the little chrome arrow head on the end of the bonnet. Damned useful for lining it up with the tree at the other end of the field. Its always a good idea to make sure you remember which tree you were lining up with; in case you look away for a few seconds. Pick the wrong one and everyone will hear about your mistake.. :o :o :-[

I would love to own a classic tractor and a plough to enter some ploughing matches. Starts and finishes in conventional ploughing would be my weakness. I've set up many new ploughs and ploughed a lot of ground on demo's, but nearly all of it has been with reversibles. Ransomes, Dowdeswell and lastly Kverneland.

I think my favourite small ploughing tractor would be a Ford 4610 4WD with the AP cab and the old floor mounted gearsticks. A lightweight Dowdeswell three furrow reversible would be a good match for it. I particularly like the 4610's hydraulics as they are very responsive on the draft control.  ;):-*

That reminds me, I must give the Classic Tractors team some lessons on the workings of Ford hydraulics. Not only have they got lift figures wrong; but they have also called Ford hydraulics "Unresponsive". Total crap. >:( Very responsive and precise is more accurate  ;):)

Thanks Simon... she's a biggy at 4m as well... too big for Fanny I would wager  :-[

Are you going to put a crop in Mark??

I don't think I will ever be invited back again after the mess I made Jason  :-[:D :D

Seriously... no... the farmer has lots of his own kit... all a bit to big for Fanny sadly.. although... he did tell me I can do some hayturning for him... fat chance of that this year now I guess  :-\