What really PLEASED you?

My wife, Karen and I have been married fifteen years today. (Crystal Wedding anniversary) And they said it would all be over in three months when we got together. Both of us have been married before, and we've now been together three more years than our first marriages lasted.

Next year we will be re- taking our marriage vows at the Holy Cross Church in Uckfield, and having a reception at The Barnsgate manor Vineyard near Crowborough for about forty five people.

Oh well........here's to the next fifteen years.........or hopefully the next thirty years.........Cheers!  :)

schools done and a tractor license in 2 days,no wonders your happy mate,why cant you use it yet?? age i asume

Its been a good week  ;D ;D :D :D

Yeah you cant drive untill your 16, Im 16 on 24th June  ;) ;)

well I never.... it's my 15th wedding aniversary today as well...  :o

Congratulations to you and yours. What a coincidence.  :o

Karen bought me two engraved crystal Champagne flutes, which we will use at our wedding next year. I bought her two crystal perfume bottles, one of which i had engraved with the words, Will and Karen...15 happy years.

Strangely enough, I went to see my ex wife the other day, and she said that if we had stayed together we would have been married thirty years this year. Sad as that break up was, she said she still loves me. Once we got over the first few years we vowed that we would stay in contact with one another for ever and a day, so we don't see each other that often but we will always be friends. Oh and yes, Karen does know about us as she and my ex were and still are friends, not that they see each other very often. Life is too short to give up on friendship.  :) :)

Congratulations to you and yours. What a coincidence.  :o

Karen bought me two engraved crystal Champagne flutes, which we will use at our wedding next year. I bought her two crystal perfume bottles, one of which i had engraved with the words, Will and Karen...15 happy years.

Strangely enough, I went to see my ex wife the other day, and she said that if we had stayed together we would have been married thirty years this year. Sad as that break up was, she said she still loves me. Once we got over the first few years we vowed that we would stay in contact with one another for ever and a day, so we don't see each other that often but we will always be friends. Oh and yes, Karen does know about us as she and my ex were and still are friends, not that they see each other very often. Life is too short to give up on friendship.  :) :)

That's good to hear William - my ex hubby has said he will always be there for me as a friend, and I believe that when the dust settles a little (still only 9 months since I left) we can be friends.

congrats BW!!!!!....i've just got passed 1 year!....and its paper i think :-\ :D :D :D

Congratulations to you too for your first anniversary, which I assume was recently. Paper anniversaries sound a bit cheaper on the present front than crystal. I wonder what you could get in paper that would make a nice anniversary present.

Any ideas anyone? Constructive answers please............no suggestions like the latest copy of Classic Tractor, or the Farmers Weekly.  ::):D

That's good to hear William - my ex hubby has said he will always be there for me as a friend, and I believe that when the dust settles a little (still only 9 months since I left) we can be friends.

Friendship will come with time. It took us several years before we made our vows to each other. She left me for someone else and told me when she left that she still loved me, but I wasn't the person she wanted to live with. That relationship only lasted five tears before she left him too. When my first wife left me, I also lost two great in-laws with her. They were lovely people, and both in their eighties now.

It's hard to give up on, or forget people you once loved enough to commit your lives to, so its a great idea if you can become lifelong friends and enjoy each others company and friendship. Makes life that much more enjoyable, especially as I'm a forgiving sort of person.  :) :)

My wife, Karen and I have been married fifteen years today. (Crystal Wedding anniversary) And they said it would all be over in three months when we got together. Both of us have been married before, and we've now been together three more years than our first marriages lasted.

Next year we will be re- taking our marriage vows at the Holy Cross Church in Uckfield, and having a reception at The Barnsgate manor Vineyard near Crowborough for about forty five people.

Oh well........here's to the next fifteen years.........or hopefully the next thirty years.........Cheers!  :)

congraulations willam ;):)

Friendship will come with time. It took us several years before we made our vows to each other. She left me for someone else and told me when she left that she still loved me, but I wasn't the person she wanted to live with. That relationship only lasted five tears before she left him too. When my first wife left me, I also lost two great in-laws with her. They were lovely people, and both in their eighties now.

It's hard to give up on, or forget people you once loved enough to commit your lives to, so its a great idea if you can become lifelong friends and enjoy each others company and friendship. Makes life that much more enjoyable, especially as I'm a forgiving sort of person.  :) :)

Congratulations to both (four) of you on 15 years of marriage

I will not apologise for quoting this in full as it mirrors my own thoughts this day.

Yesterday was the Celebration of Stu's life when, along with many friends and family, I said my final farewell to him.  We would have been celebrating 20 years of marriage on St Swithun's Day but we were together for a little longer than 20 years.  What pleased me yesterday above all else was that although I entered the chapel on the arm of my youngest [step]son I left  the chapel with

his mother's arm around me.  Stu must have been smiling to see us both together because he still loved his first wife; a little thing which never impinged on our relationship and may even have enhanced it.

Sue

so glad to see the support you are getting, it is times like this that you realise how good it is to have a family that care

regards

Mike

...and all the lovely people on FTF too who have been very supportive both on and off forum.  Long may it continue and I propose a

GROUP HUG

...with me on the outer circle.  Love you all

Sue, I'm so sorry, I've been away on holiday and I had no idea that Stu had passed away, what a terrible shame and great loss.

I hope that all your family and friends around you can help make it just a little easier to get through each day, until you come to a time soon when the sadness is outweighed by the happy memories of your time together, which make you smile every time he pops into your head.

I'm sure I'm right in saying, as has no doubt been said before, that all our thoughts are with you.

On the subject of anniversaries, I am pleased today that I have no work now until Tuesday, as on Monday my wife and I are also celebrating our first wedding anniversary, something which 6 months ago it seemed like we had only a very slim chance of reaching.

So, congrats to all, Will, Ben, Mark, and my most sincere, but belated, condolences to Sue.  :)

Now, paper, that sounds like a good thing, on a ccount of being totally broke....in that case is just a card a legitimate anniversary present?!  ;):D

Well I've been split up with my ex wife for almost 10 years now and I still want to poke her eyes out with a red hot poker........ slowly!   :D :D :D :D :D

...Now, paper, that sounds like a good thing, on a ccount of being totally broke....in that case is just a card a legitimate anniversary present?!  ;):D ...

Nope - a card is a written statement of affection/regard/good wishes but a present is a present and it should be paper.  Whether that is a  set of paper napkins or banknotes is up to the giver.  I would plump for banknotes/premium bonds or some other convertible commodity

Happy First Anniversary for Monday, Simon, may there be many more anniversaries to follow (and that goes for everyone)

Nope - a card is a written statement of affection/regard/good wishes but a present is a present and it should be paper.  Whether that is a  set of paper napkins or banknotes is up to the giver.  I would plump for banknotes/premium bonds or some other convertible commodity

Happy First Anniversary for Monday, Simon, may there be many more anniversaries to follow (and that goes for everyone)

Thanks for the kind words, but not sure whether to thank you for the present info or not Sue  :-;) ..... she checks in here every now and again to 'see what I'm up to' ..... so now you've posted that I'll have no excuse for skipping out on the premium bonds  ;):D

Maybe I could make her something.... anyone know how to do origami flowers??  ???;D If I want there to be a second anniversary they'll have to be good!!  :D

Loo roll is cheap... and it would probably be the longest pressie anyone has ever bought her Simon  :-\  New rather than used would be my recommendation....

On a serious note...

Sue... your post bought a lump to my throat.. What a lovely way to celebrate Stu's life with the two women he loved most of all  :-\  The next few weeks and months for you will be very trying I am sure.. but I sincerely hope and believe that things for you now are 'onwards and upwards' .... I look forward to meeting you later in the year..  ;)

As for group hug... you are right in the middle... and Ben... no treading on my flipping foot  :o;D

Sue a big  :-* from me im sure stu is very proud and looking down from heaven thinking what a lovey wife, freind and more, you have been  :) :)

Congrats to everyone whos aniversary it is (sorry not sure how you spell that) ::) cant go wrong with flowers, a kiss, love and of course the most important of them all a VERY exspesive pressi ::)

no really im sure just showing how much you love them will be better than any pressi :)

Sue a big  :-* from me im sure stu is very proud and looking down from heaven thinking what a lovey wife, freind and more, you have been  :) :)

Congrats to everyone whos aniversary it is (sorry not sure how you spell that) ::) cant go wrong with flowers, a kiss, love and of course the most important of them all a VERY exspesive pressi ::)

no really im sure just showing how much you love them will be better than any pressi :)

Adam, you have it in one.  That is really all that matters in this life (and perhaps the next)

i now get free lunchs at school because mum is in hosptill  because i have not been eatting propley

no good not looking after yourself luke even if your looking after your mum mate, we don't want to see you ill as well as your mum do we mate