What really PLEASED you?

New woodburner and fire surround installed today and the son of the builder went crackers over my tractor collection or at least those he could see.

What is more he spotted my latest Model Farmer, had a quick trawl through, and during his mid-morning break filled in the subscription form!

Well  Sue yesterday I got talking to a girl / lady who was displaying her equestrian display ( with some of he childhood stables) for the very first time at Gretna. She said she was really enjoying the show and she met and spoke with Hazel aka Mrs JCB BLOKE on here. I was telling here about FTF and the magazine so I took in a copy for her to have a look during the afternoon. She was very impressed and was showing it to the couple next to her who were displaying buses....does that count as my turn...well for trying at least ;D ;D ;D

ST833673.jpg

Well  Sue yesterday I got talking to a girl / lady who was displaying her equestrian display ( with some of he childhood stables) for the very first time at Gretna. She said she was really enjoying the show and she met and spoke with Hazel aka Mrs JCB BLOKE on here. I was telling here about FTF and the magazine so I took in a copy for her to have a look during the afternoon. She was very impressed and was showing it to the couple next to her who were displaying buses....[glow=red,2,300]does that count as my turn...well for trying at least[/glow] ;D ;D ;D

Yup - I think it does, Bill.  That means it must be someone else's turn  ::)

Love the Britains stables in all their glory - mine had to have a new roof.  Well it did come out of someones attic

Yup - I think it does, Bill.  That means it must be someone else's turn  ::)

Love the Britains stables in all their glory - mine had to have a new roof.  Well it did come out of someones attic

Well Sue ...Allison is really pleased she came along to Gretna. Harold Powlton has asked her to Penrith in November this year and when I mentioned our Aberdeen model show she said hubby and her might well come up from Straven for a look if they didn't have anything else on on Sunday 29th May 2011. She and hubby were at Glamis Castle with an MG car last year and loved it so heck its only 60 miles further to come to us at Dyce at a push. Sounds good to me since well that would be another 2 x £ 2 = £ 4 through the door 8) 8)

New woodburner and fire surround installed today and the son of the builder went crackers over my tractor collection or at least those he could see.

What is more he spotted my latest Model Farmer, had a quick trawl through, and during his mid-morning break filled in the subscription form!

Brilliant Sue! :)

I had a similar scenario when a courier collected some items from us. Noticed they were model tractors, saw a magazine on the side and ended up going back with a set.

Brilliant Sue! :)

I had a similar scenario when a courier collected some items from us. Noticed they were model tractors, saw a magazine on the side and ended up going back with a set.

That beats me hollow, Andy. But Ade may even sign up to FTF as he is a collector and reckons he is going to be spending some money on more models very soon having seen what was in Model Farmer.  We shall see,

Sue what did you buy and can I see a photo of it roaring away please? :)

Picture by all means, Tris, but roaring no.  It will get lit tonight though!

The surround looks gorgeous and the stove now has my brass horses on the top, the dog now sits rakishly in front to one side and Yes, Bill, I have a collection of brass!

post-1227-13263969311_thumb.jpg

Very very nice Sue. There will be warm toes tonight, what about a warm tot to? Oh and a good book. . . Perfect I'd say. :)

Be careful mentioning your collection of brass to Bill, we want to be sparejd another random topic. Especially any old knobs he may have. . . .

Very very nice Sue. There will be warm toes tonight, what about a warm tot to? Oh and a good book. . . Perfect I'd say. :)

Be careful mentioning your collection of brass to Bill, we want to be sparejd another random topic. Especially any old knobs he may have. . . .

Yes warm toes and a nice G&T while reading my book (I always have a good read of an evening while the TV entertains itself).  As for Bill, I think he would have started one already if he had brass knobs (or even a brass monkey) :-\ . 

Gratuitious information

Brass monkey is an old naval term for the brass plate with holes in it where cannon balls were stored on board ship.  The holes held the bottom layer in place so they could be stacked without rolling about the deck.  In extreme cold weather the brass would contract and the holes would shrink causing the cannon balls to slip.

As for Bill, I think he would have started one already if he had brass knobs (or even a brass monkey) :-\ . 

No monkey's I'm afraid Sue but I do have a solitary brass knob ;D ;D ;D

ST833721.jpg

And I must said a big thanks Sue since if you had not asked I would not have found my lost wire snips. Found them on the top of the box...heaven knows how they landed there but I so happen I have found them. Already bought a replacement but these are better ;) ;)

ST833725.jpg

Also in a tomato box below a couple of door or dresser knobs but wooden ones

ST833722.jpg

ST833723.jpg

ST833724.jpg

Getting my car back and no parts to pay for 8)

The Control diagnosis was "Boost pressure control above control limit" 1 error.

Bangers cleared the boost pressure code and carried out road test. Two road tests in fact since he took the car home at lunchtime ;) ;)

Anyway the invoice was for 1/2 hour labour which was £ 22.50 plus VAT so £ 27.00 in total. I would hate to think what an Audi main dealer would have charged me for that ??? ???

I spread the good word about Alan and have put quite a bit of work his way so I guess it is good for us both.

Maybe my car will get a reprieve from been sold on after all :-\

No monkey's I'm afraid Sue but I do have a solitary brass knob ;D ;D ;D

And I must said a big thanks Sue since if you had not asked I would not have found my lost wire snips. Found them on the top of the box...heaven knows how they landed there but I so happen I have found them. Already bought a replacement but these are better ;) ;)

Also in a tomato box below a couple of door or dresser knobs but wooden ones

Oh Dear! Tris was right!    ???:of

Glad you found your snips though.  ;D

I hate losing things Sue.... I would rather give away than loose ;) ;)

Couldn't agree more, Bill.  I am always losing things (I put them down or somewhere safe).  I have been trying to find my collection of LPs - been looking for 18 months or more and decided they must have been dumped (not by me).  I found them yesterday under a pile of curtains in an obscure cupboard! I was looking for those curtains :of