What really PLEASED you?

My Pop (Dad's father) has just had his book published :) :) :) It's his memoirs of WWII during his SOE (predecessor to SAS) campaign in Italy with the Italian Resistance against the Nazi forces. I'm very proud of him :'( :)

It's called The War in Italy, 1943 to 1945 if you see it. Not sure of release details etc yet though.

My Pop (Dad's father) has just had his book published :) :) :) It's his memoirs of WWII during his SOE (predecessor to SAS) campaign in Italy with the Italian Resistance against the Nazi forces. I'm very proud of him :'( :)

It's called The War in Italy, 1943 to 1945 if you see it. Not sure of release details etc yet though.

Congratulations Pops... I'll be happy to buy a copy Tris when the time comes... I bet it's a bloody interesting read  :o - can I leave you to sort one out for me then buddy please  ???;)

I would love one of those Tris, any chance of a signed copy from the author??  ;)

Hey Tris, I would love a copy.  My father served in the SOE also in Italy and North Africa (and sundry ither places) and I cannot find much info on them. His RAF service record just says "on seconded duty" but I have his sleeve badge and the stories he used to sometimes tell.  He actually never spoke much about it so I really only got hints here and there.  I found out a little more after he died.

Perhaps Pop knew my father?

sounds intresting mate wouldnt mind a copy or the isp for it so she can order a few copies for the libarys

finding out "The Great Escape" is on sunday ;D

yessss ;Db !!!!!

my dads uncle tom who is my great uncle but ive been brought up to call him just uncle tom. he was in the navey in the 2nd WW, and he was torpedoed (spelling) i think it was about 1-2 days before hitler was killed. which was just WEEKS before the end of the war :'( very sad story because, before he was killed he took my granda to the pub for my grandas birthday then my granda went up to the docks to leave him off, becuase Tom volunterred to go on the ship to fill in for someone who was sick. and he said to my granda, ernie you know i wont be coming back :o and apparently sailors have a feeling when they will die in war. really sad story, granda still hasnt got over it! thats the story of my uncle Tom :-\

Hey Tris, I would love a copy. My father served in the SOE also in Italy and North Africa (and sundry ither places) and I cannot find much info on them. His RAF service record just says "on seconded duty" but I have his sleeve badge and the stories he used to sometimes tell. He actually never spoke much about it so I really only got hints here and there. I found out a little more after he died. Perhaps Pop knew my father?
Pop never said much Sue, not untill the 50yr lid was lifted being special forces. He also served in North Africa as did his brother. Would you email me a photo of ur Dads cap badge? May mean something to my Pop, ya never know. :)

Pop never said much Sue, not untill the 50yr lid was lifted being special forces. He also served in North Africa as did his brother. Would you email me a photo of ur Dads cap badge? May mean something to my Pop, ya never know. :)

On its way with some details.

Thanks Tris