What really PLEASED you?

My L200 is repaired and up and running after 6 months almost to the day off the road god I missed it put such massive smile on face after the month I've had!  Just the MOT and Tax to get tomorrow and away I go :)

so how do you find the L200 pingu? i was looking at them as something more reliable than the c2...

so how do you find the L200 pingu? i was looking at them as something more reliable than the c2...

Sore point after having the engine rebuilt on his I think Alex, some of the 2002 - 2004 ones seem to suffer from bottom end failure in the engine or head gasket problems (and turbo in some cases...). The later old shape ones seem reliable as do the new shape ones, depends what age you'd be looking at. If you want a reliable double cab I'd go down the Hi-lux route but you will pay a bit more for it

Sore point after having the engine rebuilt on his I think Alex, some of the 2002 - 2004 ones seem to suffer from bottom end failure in the engine or head gasket problems (and turbo in some cases...). The later old shape ones seem reliable as do the new shape ones, depends what age you'd be looking at. If you want a reliable double cab I'd go down the Hi-lux route but you will pay a bit more for it

Hmm don't like the sound of that :of  Having a hiccup with the turbocharger would be expensive..

didnt mr palmer / fp  or jc have a similar issue with his ???? from memory gav?? seem to remember him saying something like it

didnt mr palmer / fp  or jc have a similar issue with his ??? ? from memory gav?? seem to remember him saying something like it

I seem to remember something about that as well Sean, the Warrior models seem to suffer the most though, possibly due to thepower tweak on them

Sorry taken while to get back but as gav said it is a bit of a sore point costing a small fortune to have bottom end and fair bit of the engine rebuilt! But it is a lovelly truck none the less just a shame about reliability problems especially as Mitshubushi know of the fault but stick 2 fingers up to and say its you!  But of the big 4x4's it is pretty good will average 32mpg or 25-27 depending how heavy footed you are ;):D

I seem to remember something about that as well Sean, the Warrior models seem to suffer the most though, possibly due to thepower tweak on them

Animals have the power tweak (why I didnt buy one).  Warriors dont but often are fiddled after market hasten to add mine hasn't!  :D

perhaps i don't want an l200 then! 2004 is right where my (hypothetical) budget was going to land me!

is it too much to ask for a reliable car?! i thought the japanese did reliability?!

You want a Renault Megane II  ;)  Some of them are unreliable but if you get the right one your laughing!! Like Me!  ;D ;D

never buying french again!

Nor me, my cars to date

Peugeot 205 XD

Citreon ZX 1.6

Peugeot 306 TD Blue

Peugeot 306 TD Gold

Peugeot 306 GTi6 Blue

Peugeot 306 GTI6 Black

That's 6 French cars!!!!

Last week i collected a Vauxhall Astra 1.8 petrol, i hope it costs me less than them horrid french ones!!

went to the pub (the jolly farmers!) with my 3 cousins, and our 2 adopted for christmas time friends last night, had an amazing night!

i took £50 with me, came home (at 4am!) with nothing. i have a feeling my cousins company american express credit card might have taken some abuse when we opened a tab on it after running out of cash too!

merry christmas everyone!

after being told at the beginning of last week that my contract would not be renewed as I'm only on temporary contract with  countrywide farmers bugger! i apply ed to the local Massey Ferguson dealer as parts department assistant and was successful! only to be told a day later that countrywide farmers will extend my contract for two months, sorry too late I'm off then to be told that breeches my contract because i hadn't given them notice very strange company glad to be out and back in permenant full time employment start on Jan the 4Th!

i love sloe gin .. its my best drink..

I got halfway thought the bottle last night, (Xmas day) and I had to stop. It was going down far too well and a few people want to taste it before it is gone.

Nevermind, the Port was not far away!  ;D

we adopted an American friend of mine for christmas, he arrived on the 23rd, left today. Updated his facebook status upon his return to Liverpool, "Patrick Cleveland: is back in Liverpool after an excellent Xmas weekend in the English countryside with the Freckelton family; much thanx to my boy Alex for the invite, I had an absolutely splendid time indeed...sah."