At Work With Powerstar - Contracting

Powerstarâ„¢

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know what model that's why I said 'I believe' you probably know more about them than me, so i'll take your word  :)

quite a few countys still working round this neck of the wood eh luke, guess they are good for ploughing the steeper fields we have compaired to using a contractor for most smaller farms

Yeah, he was going right down the steep with his harrow and the smoke coming from it on the way back up was a sight!

I just did the full length of the field that's why I didn't really get any pictures. Fingers crossed when it's drilled i'll be out cambridge rolling with him, so will take my proper camera and see what I can get!

• 4 weeks later...

And a few newer ones from the digital camera.

Story goes...

The other day a farmer rang up, and needed to get his dung spread ASAP. So on the case we had 5 spreaders.

John Deere 6920s - Rolland V12.2

John Deere 6520 (Chipped) - Rolland V12.2

John Dere 6520 - West 1600

John Deere 6320 - Frazer Muckmaster

John Deere 6320 & Loader - Frazer Muckmaster

Then he decided 5 wasn't enough and he could accomodate 2 more.

John Deere 6820 - Rolland V12.2

John Deere 6520 & Weeks 1000

So all those were spreading, until the gearbox went bang on the Rolland hauled by the 6820. He was adiment he needed 7 spreaders, so que me. Boss told me to go down round the back of the shed and get one of the dual spreaders that havn't been used for a few years. I thought i'd take the Abbey over the Dowdeswell Multi-spread, took me a while to dig the hitch out the ground  ::) All set up, and then greased it up, and cleaned it up proper nice I thought for it's first outing in a while.

When I got there, it wouldnt move and kept stalling the tractor when the PTO was applied. Hence it was seized up  ::), after 10-15 times of engaging and disengaging the PTO away she went.

Then a further tractor, John Deere 6420s & Dowdeswell Multispred joined in and we didn't half clear some dung in 2 days!

I have never used such a brilliant little spreader. God knows how its been forgotten and so neglected round the back of the shed. I shall be taking it alot more now! Here's a few pics of it in action on the 6320.

we had one the same as that abbey ,but it was blue but i cant remember the  make  ::):D as you said there good spreaders but the augar/worm inside had worn to much and kept leaving loads of muck under it  :-[ thats why we got the richard western and the zetor now  ;D got to admit the zetor is a good tool on chicken sh!t  :) much better than the western  :)