!/32 Wheels

MB Trac

Question

I am currently making some prototype wheels 1/32 scale, hopefully for sale but i am looking for a good caster for both resin and whitemetal. Does anyone know of a good one. I am hoping to produce wheels for sale if it is possible to fond a good caster.

Thanks, Brian

Keep us upto date with progress.  I'm extremely interested in trailer wheels, got three scratch built trailers I need wheels for, something like the UH Cargo trailer would be ideal.  Also looking for truck artic trailer super singles.  Good luck................

At the mo im just figuring out the best ways to go about but def going to make some as soon as i can such as trelleborg or marston trailer type wheel. From what im being told it will prob be a resin center and solid rubber outer as apparntly the cost of a hollow outer would be high but its early days yet

Keep us upto date with progress.  I'm extremely interested in trailer wheels, got three scratch built trailers I need wheels for, something like the UH Cargo trailer would be ideal.  Also looking for truck artic trailer super singles.  Good luck................

I can provide UH cargo wheels, they are white metal centers on a rubber resin tyre.

They will be ?5 a pair if anybody is interested?

http://www.siku-modelle.de/shop/

At the moment i am setting up the machine i have a small machine that only can handle 300 x 85 x 85 mm sizr material which i have just got for model work i use solid works and a programme called filou cnc for making 3d programmes, I have only began setting it up this week but i am also buying a larger cnc mill. I am sure could work from drawings i am hoping in the next 3 to 4 weeks to get set up waiting on a part from germany at the mo, what kind of jobs do you have i would gladly take a look. I was working in a factory doing cnc which closed in june so things only settling down now have been away from models due to lack of funds really hoping to get things done now do

I can provide UH cargo wheels, they are white metal centers on a rubber resin tyre.

They will be ?5 a pair if anybody is interested?

http://www.siku-modelle.de/shop/

A mate picked me up a lorry toy with the same wheels i sent you that you are looking for for your tri axle low loader alpine focus i will send them tomorrow.

Hopefully if i get it set up i could do jobs for anyone that would like something cut at the moment i am trying to find the best software for doing 3d work at a small price a challenge ha. What size shape of axle do you mean

Something like the John Deere 4020 axle, to save breaking up whole tractors. It'd probably need to come in at under a fiver including wheels and tyres, but at least postage would be a lot less for just the axle. i think the tricky part would be the axle stubs, it'd probably work out uneconomical.

your hopefull at that price arnt you? yes its the price we would all want to pay but bet hand made ones will work out expensive :-\

If you are planning to do this then I would reccomend that you try the wheels from the Simba Solo.

They would be very popular as long as the quality is good.

Please Please Please keep us all informed of your progress.......................

;D ;D ;D ;D

It can be programmed from auto cad im not as familiar with it yet am still learning it but i am getting another machine in a few months time from america which will be very easy to use to do jobs such as bonnets etc, the one i have now can also do ii its just a matter of getting used to the software

If anyone had ideas what wheels would be good to make or oter parts post them as i am trying to get a list together to see what are popular types of parts people need, it will be a few weels before i get set up but should be able to produce nice part :)

It can be programmed from auto cad im not as familiar with it yet am still learning it but i am getting another machine in a few months time from america which will be very easy to use to do jobs such as bonnets etc, the one i have now can also do ii its just a matter of getting used to the software

If anyone had ideas what wheels would be good to make or oter parts post them as i am trying to get a list together to see what are popular types of parts people need, it will be a few weels before i get set up but should be able to produce nice part :)

any part for TM conversions

If you are planning to do this then I would reccomend that you try the wheels from the Simba Solo.

They would be very popular as long as the quality is good.

Please Please Please keep us all informed of your progress.......................

;D ;D ;D ;D

Argued this in work before ha ha! many times but if you buy round solid brass bar and mount it in a dividing head you can machine 1 half of the wheel incl nuts etc in one operation and then turn it over to do the other half if you do it on a lathe you cant do the wheel studs and it still has to be turned around do do the other side and the nuts have still to be milled as well as the threads so found it would be quicker with just a mill. I have looked at a cnc lathe to buy very costly almost 2 times the price of a mill  :o