JD Slurry tanker

THEBRITFARMER

• 1 month later...

what I'd love to know is this - Deere sued Samson for using green and yellow on their machinery, and this is actually a Samson machine, presumably Samson had to give permission for it to be painted in Deere (and Case) colours. If this didn't happen, surely Samson could sue?

what I'd love to know is this - Deere sued Samson for using green and yellow on their machinery, and this is actually a Samson machine, presumably Samson had to give permission for it to be painted in Deere (and Case) colours. If this didn't happen, surely Samson could sue?

I would assume that Ertl had it set in the contract with Samson that the original run would be for Samson but after that they could use the mold in other colors to help offset the cost of making the mold since this would be a low volume item. Ertl does this all the time, make an implement based off a real machine then eventually paint it colors for all the other brands (you can get a 1/64 JD disk in New Holland blue with NH packaging).

What I don't understand is why John Deere would want to put their name on a product like this if they don't really make one. All the other items like this are just generic with only the paint to lead you to a supposed brand.

And I agree with the others, this is very ugly and I have no idea how John Deeres marketing guys would have approved this thing to be made.

I remember people saying similar things about that model, one thing Case didn't do though was to sue Samson who makes the real thing, so there is quite a bit more to wonder about this model than the Case version.

good point mate

• 2 weeks later...

a lot of the detail has been removed because of the maket it's aimed at ,................... america.

too many fiddly bit's & n bobs tend to fall off , & big big legal cases ensue , so thuis is probably why the pipes from tanker to injection were removed .

the reason it has john deere on it is simple the deere name sells, unlike MF deere does see items like this as promotion, the more people are familliar with it , the more people will buy it , it really is that simple

And as discussed in another thread about 1/32 not being popular in the US is it any wonder when this is what is being offered.

That's three Britains that I know of that have now been produced (MF1505, JD & Case slurry tankers)

I'd like to know why they took all stuff of these as they didn't with the MoCo mowers  :-\ :-\

And as discussed in another thread about 1/32 not being popular in the US is it any wonder when this is what is being offered.

That's three Britains that I know of that have now been produced (MF1505, JD & Case slurry tankers)

I'd like to know why they took all stuff of these as they didn't with the MoCo mowers  :-\ :-\

The MF was actually an Ertl model that was adapted for Britains rather than vice versa

The MF was actually an Ertl model that was adapted for Britains rather than vice versa

You guys can thank Cathy for the MF. She is a big supporter for 1/32 and I am sure her travels to the European toy shows is what led her to do the Massey Ferguson 4wd for the National Farm Toy Show here in the US.

I kind of understand Ertls view in this and hopefully it is a good thing. Make these cheap and with very few small parts so they can be targeted to kids 3 years and older. If they keep making these models for the younger kids then hopefully we will start seeing more high detailed 1/32 from Ertl/Britians in a few years as these kids get older and want more detailed models.

I do not recall the Samson model being released over here and even if it was it wouldn't have sold well because of the "European" nature of the model ::)

I don't think JD sued, they just sent Samson a warning letter. The threat of being sued is usually enough. I believe Bailey Trailers received a similar one a few years ago, which led to them taking the same action as Samson - they started painting the wheels silver.

strange really as major still turns tankers out in green & yellow :)