Whats on your workbench???

51 minutes ago, dutchfarmer said:

my new project, Dowdeswell dp1 on land plough. 

Fantastic, can you show some more images, close up of the plough shears and skimmers, want to see the detail!

Cheers, from memory Paul it's a Dave towse donor 804 for the cab and floorpan, and a good few years ago i got given a couple of resin Leyland bonnets, and a resin cast cab interior,  that Phil Hairsine had cast after he'd done a similar build of an 804 for Stuart Borthwick, Phil put his on a scaledown Nuffield 4/65 chassis, but i had a part built Leyland 384 so i used that instead, it's been on the bench for about 2 years but keep doing a bit to it, it's just recently started sitting on imber rears and UH renault hedger fronts, as there's a similar specced Leyland 802 parked not far from the yard where i keep my Major. Floorpan still needs abit more fitting as does bonnet but am getting there slowly.........

12 minutes ago, Valley Axe Man said:

Cheers, from memory Paul it's a Dave towse donor 804 for the cab and floorpan, and a good few years ago i got given a couple of resin Leyland bonnets, and a resin cast cab interior,  that Phil Hairsine had cast after he'd done a similar build of an 804 for Stuart Borthwick, Phil put his on a scaledown Nuffield 4/65 chassis, but i had a part built Leyland 384 so i used that instead, it's been on the bench for about 2 years but keep doing a bit to it, it's just recently started sitting on imber rears and UH renault hedger fronts, as there's a similar specced Leyland 802 parked not far from the yard where i keep my Major. Floorpan still needs abit more fitting as does bonnet but am getting there slowly.........

its going to look great when finished Paul,i was banking on the uh case models coming out,i was going to tackle a yellow 802 leyland,i have seen one done from some parts from Dave and an ertl db,hope it all goes well,i think Bor is doing a 802 at the moment as well

Edited by Paul Palmer
spelling mistake
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Valley Axe Man said:

Don't really do much in the way of 32nd scale stuff these days but playing about with this as time allows.... 

IMG_2760.thumb.JPG.2f973c51e610ee836b3802b697588ff7.JPG

IMG_2761.thumb.JPG.8c86e013cef1d9b44703236e17f64d5a.JPG

got the same sat in the shed paul ,all be it a 4wd version, running on a marge ford chassis , looks spot in so far, how easy did you find the dash board area?? not got round to that bit yet 

• Like 1

Cheers Sean, the dash panel is off the original scaledown down Leyland 384 but the console itself was one of the the castings that came along with the bonnet, just needed cleaning up and then shaping abit more to the inside of the cab. Like your idea of using Marge wheels, on the real 4wds they were more fitted on narrower rubber. don't quite know how long it'll take me to get it finished, More updates as work progresses :)

On 3 March 2017 at 10:25 PM, Barry said:

Fantastic, can you show some more images, close up of the plough shears and skimmers, want to see the detail!

Here is a photo Barry, obviously not built but you can see the fantastic detail. Looking forward to getting on with it. 

image.jpg

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Valley Axe Man said:

Cheers Sean, the dash panel is off the original scaledown down Leyland 384 but the console itself was one of the the castings that came along with the bonnet, just needed cleaning up and then shaping abit more to the inside of the cab. Like your idea of using Marge wheels, on the real 4wds they were more fitted on narrower rubber. don't quite know how long it'll take me to get it finished, More updates as work progresses :)

where did you het the bonnet casting from then paul?? not seen one with the dash part all in it like that before, would be intrested in swapping mine for that and save myself some time 

14 hours ago, mb86 said:

Here is a photo Barry, obviously not built but you can see the fantastic detail. Looking forward to getting on with it. 

image.jpg

Thanks Martin, will need to order some of those it might cheaper to buy the plough kit than buy the extra furrow kit!!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

where did you het the bonnet casting from then paul?? not seen one with the dash part all in it like that before, would be intrested in swapping mine for that and save myself some time 

The bonnet and panel came off Phil Hairsine, he'd built one up for Stuart Borthwick and set about casting a couple,He had plans to build a handful of 802's and 804's but it never happened so before he passed away he gave me a bonnet and panel and said one day i'd get round to building myself one.  

3 hours ago, Valley Axe Man said:

The bonnet and panel came off Phil Hairsine, he'd built one up for Stuart Borthwick and set about casting a couple,He had plans to build a handful of 802's and 804's but it never happened so before he passed away he gave me a bonnet and panel and said one day i'd get round to building myself one.  

self build it is then i guess, never got that far , although body works all fitted roughly.  can just see it behind a big pile of 3x2 timber stacked 4ft high in the shed ;D