MODEL OF THE MOMENT... The Britains MF760 combine ~ and the "real deal"

Thank you for another great intresting piece of reading and information .Brings back memorys of grain cart from 15 years ago think it was a 760 but the mind is not as sharpe nowdays.The only problem that i remember with her (please no slagging off mf now) is you had to keep an eye on the engine compartment it used to build up with dust and straw and start smokin 2 times in the first season and that was cleaning her 4 times a day but she was a good relable machine

thanks steve

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice reveiw marky

like a lot of people are saying could not belive my luck when i see britains made a combine just had to have one done many carpet acres two without a hicup let me tell you happy days , then farm up the road bought the real deal may off been a bit later i remember it had a power flow table  ;) ;)

nice topic Sir Marky of Fergieland!!!.....i remember hours of carpet farming with that model....and the drill ;)::)

take it you put that driver in there ??? as i dont think its the britains one? :-\, he had his legs closer to the steering column and had 'd-rings' to clip to it. Is that a siku driver?

and the reel/wheel/auger design is something RC2 really should get back on their combines, currently its cr@p, Siku copied it and made it better!....come on RC2 >:( >:(

nice topic Sir Marky of Fergieland!!!.....i remember hours of carpet farming with that model....and the drill ;)::)

take it you put that driver in there ??? as i dont think its the britains one? :-\, he had his legs closer to the steering column and had 'd-rings' to clip to it. Is that a siku driver?

Nope... thats the driver that came with it Ben  :-\

thats one of the later britains driver figuers aint it, like they fitted to the newer lambos and hurlmans 

not sure, looks like a siku one???, even the older ones had footpeg loops?? :-\ :-\

wonder if someone just put it in there?, where did you get that one from? ??? ???, was it a shop or eBay buy??

I remember getting mine in 78 when they came out. It was bought for me by my nan as a present for swimming my first length when i was 7 and it was the only combine i ever had on my farm up to the late 80s until i started collecting again about 5/6 years ago.

he he how familiar is all this , kids today get play stations and wii`s......... we got tractors and combines !!!! Mine was a b`day pressie in 1978 I have it to this day I used to have the corgi version of the MF combine but I wrecked it ........back in the days before I had sense!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

ooof how'd i miss this marky ?

do i ever remember my first 760 & 595 & trailer !

the 760 was a must for all as this must have been one of the first 'big' toys for the carpet farm.

never drove one in the real world , closest i got was the 525's & 625's !

but still think the 760 was a classic farm toy

Lovely line up Marcus.... but didn't you have a cabless version as well mate ???

Ben.... it's ALMOST ready to upload  :D :D :-[

cheers Marky, must be the dodgy connection you had with your neighbour!!!

my little bro had a cabless version >:( >:(>:( as our neighbour did as well