hello everyone (Timbo)

Guest Timbo

Marky may have read something very similar to this already so apologies to him but in the spirit of sharing with the rest of you.

My name is Tim (hence the mightily original username) and I live in Canterbury, Kent but originally hail from the East Midlands (I'm was born and grew up in Nottinghamshire which I also believe is the county in which the early Britains models were made).

I stumbled across FTF when I was looking for Britains tractors and farm toys on Google as my girlfriend's brothers bought me a Case IH JX1075C for Christmas. This is my first model in what I believe to be over a decade (possibly a decade and a half!).

Despite not coming from a farming family the area I lived in as a child was/is semi-rural so agricultural equipment has always held something of a fascination. This interest was further nurtured by regular caravan holidays around the UK with my family to even more rural areas (mainly Dorset and Devon) where we would stay on farmer's fields (Caravan Club 'Certified Locations', NOT just plonking the caravan wherever we felt like it!)

Having been given Britains toys from a very young age it was nice to see the real thing in action but alas as I got older other interests took over and the Britains toys that weren't left buried up to their roofs in the back garden made their way up to the loft (all unboxed, sadly, judging by eBay prices!)

After meeting my girlfriend at university here in Kent I discovered that her uncles and grandparents run a couple of farms in North Devon (I promise that this is a bonus and not a deal clincher ;)) so now, every Christmas, I get to see a dairy farm and a sheep farm running first hand!

Both of my girlfriend's brothers had Britains toys when they were children and one eventually went on to study at the Royal Agricultural College and now works in Agri-banking at Lloyds TSB and hopes to eventually follow in his grandfather's footsteps so there really is no escaping farm life. 

Having been given my new tractor my passion has been further restored and I found myself on boxing day scouring the eBay listings and looking for online shops selling Britains tractors.

Needless to say that when I get back to my family home I'll be going for a treasure hunt in the loft to remind me of exactly what I have. I have a feeling I have a yellow New Holland TR85 with the maize header and a couple of Fords up there. One may be a TW-35 but I suspect I'll find it to be a TW-25 which despite not being the Power Farm version is still a lovely model.

I look forward to spending far too much time on the forum looking at other people's collections and discussing new purchases with fellow enthusiasts.

Great first post tim and a very warm welcome to ftf mate hope you enjoy your time on here Where in devon do the outlaws farm if its not to rude to ask?

They're neither in-laws nor outlaws  ;D

One lot farm near Hartland and the others farm out at Stoke.

You can't beat the smell of sea and silage :D

Welcome to the forum Tim....

Its gonna make a hole in your pocket but you will love it on here  ;)

Its also great to see another from the south east corner  ;)

We now have 4 members from Canterbury, 1 from Ashford, 1 from Tenterden then we have some real great members just over in East Sussex 1 from Battle, 1 from Catsfield and a few from hastings.

YOu will have to pop down some time and have a rummage through our stock and my collection  ;)

welcome tim , sit down & hold tight , & scream if you want to go faster :D :D

you'll find plenty of scorces for you model purchases here , & if you cant find what you want then the scratchbuilders here may be able to help you out , some of their conversions , scratchbuilds are second to none  :D

Wow Tim greetings from Pops from America and am looking forward to u being part of the community and be sure to check out Model Farmer E-Zine it is only 5 issues new but its a winner..................so welcome our house ;) ;)

Thank you all for the warm welcome.

Apologies for the delay in posting again but a combination of the daily grind and house renovation has meant that my time on the internet has been spent reading up on all sorts of the great stuff on FTF rather than posting.

The loft/shed/carpet/cupboard farms are magnificent. My own may be quite a way off because I have to get a full sized house into a habitable condition first (although I have already boarded the loft :-X) but just looking at the pics and reading the threads certainly gives plenty of food for thought.

My modest little Case has been looking a bit lonely so, after some scouring of the links provided on here, she shall be joined by a few other bits and pieces (but, as proof that I have been reading, I shall attempt to post about them in the correct section thus avoiding a Numpty of the day 'award' :D)

Udimore was right about holes in pockets  :-[;D