ash tree farm, tms farm work in progress

Tractorman810

The pig unit is awesome - how long did it take you to build it ???And what is Scaleox ???

Love the cleaning out pics too :-*:-* :-*

Scaloox (Sean has so many names for it i've forgotten what was correct! :D :D) is like lego bricks made from a plaster type material. It was available last last year but has since become extinct >:( >:(>:(. You had to fix it down with a PVA type glue. There were different type blocks that allowed you to build a building of your choice or one that was pre-designed

The pig unit is awesome - how long did it take you to build it ??? And what is Scaleox ???

Love the cleaning out pics too :-*:-* :-*

thats the bigger of the 2 i have mandy, took about a week to make, like ben said its a lego type material, very easy to use, tris has some of his buildings from it to,very versatile for older farms buildings, just a shame it didnt carry on, as i had other stuff planned

Mandy, Scaloox is also the stuff my workshop is made of. It was lovely stuff and we were all a bit gutted when in became apparant we aouldn't be getting hold of it again in a hurry. It looks great for Cotswold Stone buildings, or like the tin mines down your way - proper old quarried stone.

very nice i like that drill pictured in pictures 1 and 2 and a few others did you make it end tow as well ? have you any pictures close up of it ? i can't see the post mentioned about it. it mite enable me to design a drill we have here that we use in not so good conditions

thanks tom

Great stuff Sean often wondered what the inside of the sty looked like, have to say your pics look extermely realistic lovely stuff ;)

will get some pics of the other smaller one soon for you to, only 3 pens in that one, but bigger than the others in the first one

• 2 weeks later...

thanks mandy, those are my 4 new ones for 14 quid of ebay last week, bargin eh, thats 8 i have in tiotal now oak tree wise, along with the smaller ones, but still need more

I have just found your pics (being new to the forum).  Britains Trees are horribly expensive but you got a bargain in eBay if you got 4 for ?14.00 or was it 4 @ ?14.00?

Have a look at the Woodland Scenics range of trees at http://www.pendleslotracing.co.uk/ under accessories. That is where I got mine for the mill hill.  They start at 3/4 inch high (1:200 scale approx) and go to 9" with all heights in between.  They are well made and very life-like and I think they are good value.  Slot racing is gauge 1 which is 1:32 Britains scale

I have just found your pics (being new to the forum).  Britains Trees are horribly expensive but you got a bargain in eBay if you got 4 for ?14.00 or was it 4 @ ?14.00?

Have a look at the Woodland Scenics range of trees at http://www.pendleslotracing.co.uk/ under accessories. That is where I got mine for the mill hill.  They start at 3/4 inch high (1:200 scale approx) and go to 9" with all heights in between.  They are well made and very life-like and I think they are good value.  Slot racing is gauge 1 which is 1:32 Britains scale

thanks for that link, i think the local shop down here sells those trees, i saw some at 12 quid for 2 a while back,  bigger than the britains ones,  and very nice to, but they are special order for that size

• 2 weeks later...

well nice quiet day, thought i would add a bit more to the layout, added another 0.6m x 1.2 m of board to one end now, half for a new out barn for off season machinery storage,and the back half will be an extension of the spud field bside it, will come round the back to add another half as much feild to that again

prob is i have run out of grey and green scatter for the flor, and its way to hot up there to, must fit a velux window soon :D

outbarn3.jpg

outbarn2.jpg

outbarn.jpg

great job sean are you going to be like garret and set a finish date on the layout when its all done you will not know what to do with yourself  :) :)

no mate, i tend to just do bits here and there if/when i get time, lofts like a furnace up there, spent 30 mins up there and felt faint down to the heat, hence the need for a velux i recon

Looking good. Deffinately get a velux though.

yeah shes up for it to, means she can get in with out trying to find the light swicth to that way

well heres a new item for the layout, found it in a local shop in dartmouth, a whopping 3 quid

a lovley morris minor pick up, with opening doors, boarded rear and opening rear door, with a tarp to cover it to, and its in fergy red,claims its 1/26th, but i dont recon it is to be honest, will be the new service van i recon

what do you recon

DSCF0022-1.jpg

DSCF0021.jpg

DSCF0020.jpg

DSCF0019.jpg

DSCF0017-1.jpg

Spot on Sean... she looks a treat... I'd say the scale is bang on as well - no way is that 1:24  :o

She needs the old three triangle logo on her for deffo mate... want me to email you a scan of one  ???

if you can mate, no mad rush, got lots to do this week before i am off, so very little time to do models at the mo