ash tree farm, tms farm work in progress

Tractorman810

• 2 weeks later...

decided to make a start on the new straw barn today, was going to do the floor first but have decided to make this one with a rough soil floor ,like a real one we had, so need to go and get some clay for that, so started the roof structure instead, plans for it to have 2 or 3 layers of blocks at the bottom, probably timber cladding on the sides although not really decided on that yet, with a tin roof, will have a lean to on it as well, so basically a new stronger copy of the black one thats broken/ not strong enough, with improvements, hopefully start the floor tomorrow 

CE91A1BD-033D-4269-B658-26DE2C730512.jpeg

F220C478-3F33-4D04-AD40-F5F4DEAC4198.jpeg

52BDD92D-F618-41D5-8A25-7B47C2751554.jpeg

• Like 7

had to make the i beams for that , found a tin with the right curve then cut it out, then ran a knife round the inside to cut the centre out, followed by glueing thin strips round the edges to get the effect, took a little longer than i thought, but its a lot stronger .i did try to bend a length of i beam, but it wouldn't stay straight ,hence going down this route 

• Like 1

walls now  base weathered inside and out, plus the round top of the barn structures in and fixed bar 2 uprights ,have run out of plastic ,so waiting for a spare 5 mins to go and get some ,i wont go any further with the base weathering now till i get the steel work finished and painted up 

0A9BF0B0-98A2-40DC-813D-3FBA83E1E00E.jpeg

0C697D1D-8ECB-4CA2-835C-10CC04E4FF97.jpeg

• Like 8

what i planned sadly doesn't bend like i hoped, tried one bit  1st with a bath in boiling water, wouldnt get hot enough and snapped, then tried a bit with the heat gun, from a distance, with one end taped down to start it and whilst it bent, it also twisted the edges, sort of bent in 3 d i guess  ,if i got to close it just melted , so i need to order something else i have seen . i could use card, but the ridges are to small, will try plan b first with a full sheet ,if not i guess it will have to be card, 

• Like 1

mmm its an option joe, seems it could be upscaled to make it 1/32 going by the blurb in the description , but its not wide enough i suspect, and i wouldn't be that sure its going to work on plastruct sheet, unless its very thin maybe, biggest prob ,i aint got a 3 d printer:D 

I doubt it would work Sean,your sheets would need to be arched wouldn't they,you scan rescale any 3D object,simple enough to do,depends on the size of print bed your machine has,anyone with C A D experience could easy enough customise that to make one roller convex and the other concave,3D printers are getting better and also a lot cheaper,look at this very poular machine, 220 x 220 x250 print size £ 120,???

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Creality-Ender-3-3D-Printer-220X220X250mm-DC-24V-Thermal-Runaway-Protection-2019/153160525538?epid=25031179965&hash=item23a91426e2:g:WFMAAOSwhnZc67lV

just looked at how long it would take to print those parts,as is,and it would be 6 hours 10 minutes.

Regards

Joe.

i suspect if thin enough i could arch it, hence plan b, its out there, but it wont get quite the same effect as individual sheets, unless i cut in long strips horizontally ,then mark up the panels vertically within that with a pen or something so you get the layers at least 

and after a good hour masking it all up, steels now painted ,never seen a green steel building until a few days ago at work, light green cladding ,which is pretty common , and a darker green steel,  will be weathered down once dry, but thought it looked different hence the choice with this 

774DD509-336D-4FE1-B006-418B7457F092.jpeg

36ED5F9B-CEC0-49CC-B62D-1A0005795C9B.jpeg

23105070-9A5A-498F-87C2-6FB5BD7C7665.jpeg

• Like 7

while waiting for mandy @Hlt Miniatures to get the roof sheets for the dutch barn, i decide i would get some sisal cut up ready for the stage after build, got a few bales to make, so a nice easy summer eve job, wont take long once i make the jig for them, when the roofing arrives i can finish this barn,plus bring the piggery down and finish the roof on that as well .

hopefully this is enough, 2 m cut into 5mm lengths 

2314E74D-4237-4EAF-BA36-6886B708E326.jpeg

• Like 6