Absolute beginner starting first scratch-build project ...

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow those pics are wonderfull, One question about the harvester, how do the beets get from the cage to the truck?

The cage is only used as long as the lorries are changed when one is full and the next lorry advances.

The cage is emptied at the down side, the beets fall back on the lower elevator and are elevated via the large "ferries" lifting/transport wheel one more time. Strange, eh?  :-\

Normally this process is done when the whole mashine is standing, as harvesting six or eight rows and opening the cage at the same time normally is beyond capacity of the elevating system. Everything clear now? ;-)

The cage is only used as long as the lorries are changed when one is full and the next lorry advances.

The cage is emptied at the down side, the beets fall back on the lower elevator and are elevated via the large "ferries" lifting/transport wheel one more time. Strange, eh?  :-\

Normally this process is done when the whole mashine is standing, as harvesting six or eight rows and opening the cage at the same time normally is beyond capacity of the elevating system. Everything clear now? ;-)

Thanks mate, thats what i was thinking but i wasnt to sure, i have never seen a machine like this in life so its all new to me

Ah.. now I know, the toy of may son visible in picture by pure chance, sorry, did not think of this.

It is a toy manufacturer "Dickie" MAN truck, do not know the scale, as they do every toy in another scale. This MAY be 1:43 - as it looks to small for 1:32 (see picture I made only for YOU now) to big compared to my son's smaller 1:50 building mashines SIKU toys ...

Hope it helps. Do you like it? I will ask my son if he needs it any longer ;-)

Any feedback for the beet harvester so far, anyone? ;-)

post-1013-132638697637_thumb.jpg

Ah yes, it looks like the ones I have seen here in toy shops. Because it was at the front of the first photo it looked bigger  :D It may be 1/36th because Shuco do a Scania almost the same as this one, that is what I thought it was. Thankks for the pic to compare the two sizes.

With regards to your next build. .. you seem to have got off to another whirlwind start. Very quick, where do you find the time?! I take a long tine to do anything model related  :-[

Ah yes, it looks like the ones I have seen here in toy shops. Because it was at the front of the first photo it looked bigger  :D It may be 1/36th because Shuco do a Scania almost the same as this one, that is what I thought it was. Thankks for the pic to compare the two sizes.

With regards to your next build. .. you seem to have got off to another whirlwind start. Very quick, where do you find the time?! I take a long tine to do anything model related  :-[

my time: (almost) no friends (almost nobody likes me ;-)) , no pubs, no cinema, only, job, family and my hobby!

very nice progress!!!!

how did you make the auger type parts?? ???

I took larger plastruct round tubes and very, very small, long plactruct round strips, glued the larger tubes in a auger like way (I marked the auger structure with a pen before) and then it was time for glued fingers and lot of patience as you normally need three hands and 30 fingers for holding the large tube and wraping around the small rod in a very tight and exact way ... It took more than one hour for the three augers ...

And that is what it looks like now at lunch time (had only half an hour time this morning due to family constraints ;-)) More tonight - now it's time for German carnival celebrations with my few friends ;-)) ...

post-1013-132638697751_thumb.jpg