Absolute beginner starting first scratch-build project ...

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should re-think that, I have a problem now and need some help of experiences sratch-buildes:

I have made a graphic construction of the harvesters holding tank according to the few measures I have (real hight 417 cm makes some 13 cm in 1/32). On all pictures however, the complete harvesters seems not to be much larger than a current John Deere 8X30 series tractor (real hight 336 cm makes some 10 cm in 1/32). However comparing to my Britains 8530, the harvester would become much larger then the tractor and the loading tank would thus look quite large. Do not know if this is my mistake or just due bad angles of the few pictures available of the harvester  :-\

I even consider cancelling the whole project, as it is obviously too complicated for me and I am too stupid or something ...  :-[:-[ :-[

All the work for nothing or a bad/false looking modell???

yea i agree its looking great might have to put an Order in  ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

cheers

Reece

You should re-think that, I have a problem now and need some help of experiences sratch-buildes:

I have made a graphic construction of the harvesters holding tank according to the few measures I have (real hight 417 cm makes some 13 cm in 1/32). On all pictures however, the complete harvesters seems not to be much larger than a current John Deere 8X30 series tractor (real hight 336 cm makes some 10 cm in 1/32). However comparing to my Britains 8530, the harvester would become much larger then the tractor and the loading tank would thus look quite large. Do not know if this is my mistake or just due bad angles of the few pictures available of the harvester  :-\

I even consider cancelling the whole project, as it is obviously too complicated for me and I am too stupid or something ...  :-[:-[ :-[

All the work for nothing or a bad/false looking modell???

sorry lads i only can say this in german :-\my english is quit to bad...... :'( :'(

einfach pie mal daumen und es klappt. ;)

Thanks Thomas, I followed your recommendation and will show of the result now.

For all others, the German word "Pi mal Daumen" means something like "by the rule of thumb", "pi times thumb-method". Anyway, a compromise between mathematics, geometrics and some guess-work resulted in the following pictures: 

sorry lads i only can say this in german :-\my english is quit to bad...... :'( :'(

einfach pie mal daumen und es klappt. ;)

post-1013-132638699966_thumb.jpg

post-1013-132638699971_thumb.jpg