MJB1's MASSEY FERGUSON 168

MJB1

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like a real fun job whit her ;)

Is she in good running condition  ???

nice to get on & forget about daily grind mate  running condition ? yes all well but have concerns with the multi power at the moment mate , seems to lose high , when working on the slopes if driven clockwise round the fiels , got some theorys & filters , lever adjustment , & maybe a worn seal letting it drop the working pressure a bit , but got an expert (uncle brian) coming to look at it , & great help from marky & his massy chums  :)

tell you what marcus, i am going to pop up one weekend for a drive of her, been such a long time since i got to drive a fergy 100 series, ok shes missing the cab, but i can let you off that

one day mate one day & as for the cab , yes it has to go on some day as the 168 was never released as a cabless model , unless for export that is

Proper! Love the 'through the gate' photo. It really is nice to see her out on the pasture, Marcus :)

looks proper doesn't it mate

:D :D - Here's one for your wallet Marcus...  :-*:-*

er thanks mate  :-\

Hehe thats good good looking tractor too Marcus

ah proper tractors with bits to hit with a hammer for proper repairs  ;)

Nice steady job that, Marcus. She does look well with those bigger rear tyres. ;)

thanks john , i'm thinking about a visit to ron greets again to have a look through his tyre heap , maybe if the price is right a possible wheel tyre combination up yo 32 / 34 in rims , maybe it'll be cheaper than looking for new or part worn tyres  :D

well don't go cutting your hand of again if you do visit rons will you mate :D :D :D

have you removed some of the bonnet pannels?? looks like somethings missing from the dash board end of it

nidn't have a rear grill plate sean , although i did get one on the last visit to rons & the r/h battery pannel wasn't there when i bought it , but i have got a new one to go on

• 1 month later...

well dung spreading is upon us again , so popped next door to ask the farmer if we could borrow his spreader , the reply was "sorry no ,i cant keep lending my machinery out !"

now then lets put things into perspective , we last borrowed the spreader this time last year for approx 3 hrs  :D :D in which time i greased the bearings & pto shaftuj's tightened the drive chain & bolted some beater chains , ,so effectively it went back to him in better condition that we received it !

so nothing else for it but to find a fork & some willing drivers & spread it by hand :-\

i took the floor out of the transport box & just backed into the heap at speed to load the box then drove out to the fields & let one of the kids drive while i did the rest , bill meanwhile was taking some out with his bucket on the zetor

once done all was then chain harrowed in but didn't get pics of that bit  ::)

i did this all bl00dy after noon , blimey i'm so unfit  :-[

DSCF1158Small.jpg

DSCF1160Small.jpg

DSCF1159Small.jpg

DSCF1161Small.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Marcus pop next door one night, ungrease his spreaders pto, slacken off a few bolts and beater chains and then stand well back next time he uses it. Or send him a bill!  :D Is his surname Duck, or is he called Bill all anything? He sounds like a right tight ****

• 1 month later...

well after the coldridge trip , mr ferguson hiself finaly got round to having a looksee & drive of the 168

watch where yer going fergo :-\

DSCF1301Small.jpg

out for a nice drive  :)

DSCF1299Small.jpg

no it's too much for marky & off comes his top  :-[:D :D

DSCF1297Small.jpg

thats better , what a happy chap  :)

DSCF1294Small.jpg

Just mark looks like smaller on that or did i only see him on small things so he looked bigger than he is.... ::)

ill shut the door on the way out

quite decieving isn't it , i suppose compared to modern tractors the 100 series tractors are small , isn't till you sit on it that it becomes a large machine again , bit like marks 240 it's a small tractor because it really is a small tractor  the mid power oldies are usually a bit inbetween , not big enoung to be BIG but too big to be small.......................

i'll join you nick i'll just get my coat ............................